BootsnAll Travel Network



Home again

Another adventure has come to a close.  The trip home was demanding, especially the 6 hours in Nairobi were we had to deal with the most incompetent airline agents in the world; we ended up sitting with all our luggage for several hours, finally getting the “right”  people to re-check the bags and issue boarding passes. Unfortunately, those people had no clue how to do anything, and it took 2 hours to get it worked out.  And even so, while trying to get on my connecting flight in Istanbul, I was informed that I was not checked in and my bags had been pulled off the plane.  Thankfully the Lufthansa personnel in Istanbul was very efficient and resolved all those problems, getting me and the luggage on the right plane to Munich.  In Munich, I then was confronted with a cancelled flight to Stuttgart, so had to take a bus for the last leg of the journey. Finally, 33 hours after getting the car at Maramboi Tent Lodge, I made it home.  And I’ve received a text message that Jill also made it (after about 45 hours on the road). 

We are now facing perhaps the most difficult question – what will the next adventure be?  We are thinking perhaps Machu Picchu and the Inca trail, or a tour down the Amazon.  We are working on sister #3 to make sure she is not left behind next time, so hopefully sometime in 2011, you’ll see the new blog for jilljaimijuli!



Tags: ,

3 responses to “Home again”

  1. Jill says:

    Uggh!! Your trip home sounds almost worse than mine! I can’t believe they pulled your luggage off your connecting flight!! Btw, Juli did not sound enthused about the amazon due to the bug/spider issue. I guess she has a point. 🙂

  2. Tracy says:

    Not to mention the BIG snakes!! Need to watch the show “I Was Bitten” It would definately change your mind about the Amazon!

  3. Megan says:

    Wow! What a wonderful adventure you’ve had! I love the photos of the mountains and the animals. I hope you took more photos of the hike, along the way. Would love to see more…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *