BootsnAll Travel Network



False Start

2:30 am and we are ready to go…. I guess we should have taken that melatonin last night.  Plus we have been up 3-4 times to pee already.  In these early hours we are second-guessing the new route proposed by our guide.  Does he have our best interests in mind, or some other motivation?  Juli, we wish you were here, too, but hopefully thoughts of you rushing us up the mountain will keep us going when it starts to get tough.

Well, I guess we will try to go back to sleep if we can get our minds to quiet down (and Jill’s incessant chatter.)



Tags:

7 responses to “False Start”

  1. Achim says:

    Good luck girls … a lot of reading. You must be in great shape for the climb if your preparation was as good and long as your blog after a couple of days. I like the stories about the luggage … hihi! BTW, it is all HP equipment.

  2. Juli says:

    How’s the climb going? Hopefully today was a walk throught the “rainforest”, and you’re still warm! Go for it girls!!! Braids?

  3. Heather says:

    You’re doing it!! Exciting, exciting, exciting!!!!! =) Send a picture of the “braided bunch”… well really – duo. ;o)

  4. Judi says:

    Hello, hello, hello? Can you hear me now? Cell phone working?

  5. Judi says:

    Hey Jill, I gave Larry a bath today! Are you proud of me????

  6. Juli says:

    oooohhhh! The suspense is killing me! Wondering how your first night in the sleeping bags went, did you put on your shea infused socks and say, awwww, this feels good on my poor sore feet…Hoping spirits are high as you climb higher!!!

  7. Juli says:

    Hi guys! Don’t know if you’re getting the msgs or not…The snow IS COMING down here, it’s making me think of you lost in a snow storm on Kilimanjaro….Hoping you’re having better weather than us! When you get up in altitude practice your meditaive breathing, DON’T panic, dad got a long great with only one lung, so I’m sure it’s in the genes to live off of very little oxygen just fine!!! I RACED at 8400 feet, and ran training runs at 12,000, so you should be fine up to then!!! Keep it moving, one step at a time!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *