BootsnAll Travel Network



I made it home, too!!

safari.jpg

Actually, a couple of days ago.  But after the 30 hour voyage, I needed some recovery time.  My giraffe fortunately made it home unscathed and looked a lot better for the wear than myself by the time we reached Portland.  Long story short: 3 planes, 2 long lay-overs, 6 movies, 4 Bloody Marys, 3 security checks, 1 secondary inspection for the giraffe, a lot of strange looks (because of the giraffe), and a long drive with the worst migraine I’ve had in awhile (maybe a bad idea on the bloody marys), and I was home.

Nice to be home, but I miss Africa already!!  What a spectacular adventure! And I’m already planning the next one, just so I can keep blogging!

Oh yeah, and I did finally make it back to work!



Tags:

One response to “I made it home, too!!”

  1. David says:

    excellent to hear you made the last leg. That is still funny to me that after hours and hours of flying and who knows how many miles of travel, you still had to drive 2 hours once you landed off the last plane. When are they going to finally open Goldendale International Airport?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *