BootsnAll Travel Network



The Universe conspires against Sister Squirrell

Maybe because I have been such complete crap at keeping up my blog, or maybe because I have spent far too many weekends in fields with pikies listening to the most amazing grimey dub step this side of the pond, maybe it is just to teach this overly enthusiastic smiling squirrel a hard life lesson about planning, keeping hopes up and expecting all to turn out as planned, well it doesn’t matter because the universe in the last two days has completely shite all over my lap, and I am left in a state of bewilderment, and awe at the ability for everthing to come crashing down in a matter of 24 hours.. What is there left to do but smile about it and get on with it, plan B I would like to call it..

So what are these detremental goings on that have occured, well lend me your ear.

I know now that my good bike karma has been used up, funny after six years working for the man at a bike shop you’d think you’d have enough good bike karma to last you at least two years, but offically and unfortunatley mine has gone full circle and I am left with nothing more than a crumpled, squashed top tube on my lovely lass, and a basket full of parts. I left my bike locked up on a railing for the past few days and when I brought her down to get safely inside for my extened absence I noticed some damn rude boys had tried to theft her, not sucessfully but those persistant buggers did such a great job at trying to get her, that they indeed destroyed her beyond use, the top tube is crunched like a stomped on soda can, oh kind of the way my heart felt when I saw what had happened to my baby. No worries though right?! She served me well, and I can hopefully get the frame replaced from the lovely folks at Cannondale when I rock back to Chicago, did I mention how much I Love my Cannondale?!

The new color of the ’08 cyclocross frames are Brown right?!

Oh dear and if that just didn’t poop on my day it gets better!

Today is/was departure day for the Fantastic Gladys, the Green Goddess that was converted into a fire spitting beast, We were to drive her down to Plymouth and take a 36 hour ferry ride into Bilbao Spain. Everything was going smoothly, I even got over to the meeting place at Doubles the night before just to be chipper and ready for a day of loading and preperation before heading on the road. We were to be first on site at Nowhere, setting up the first camp, unloading impossible amounts of gear, dancing around in a rockstar fashion by the slowly waxing moon, but alas, the ol’ Universe had/has other plans for me.

On a mission for the last groceries and money changing I some how managed to Lose or get thefted my wallet which contained 200 pounds, my Drivers license, Passport and all my chances of leaving as planned on the ferry. OH POOP! of all times for this to happen,
I am gutted, screwed, and at the mercy of the American Embassy to get me and emergency replacement.

Please, please, please.

I promise I like America, and I promise to be happy to be back in the states at least for a little while if the Embassy will grant me such a favor.

peeps wish me luck.

it can’t get any worse,

by the way, big count down to the re-emergance into the home of the free, Is anyone going to be in Chicago when I get back on the 17th?

would like to arrange some $1.00 bottles of PBR at the L & L or some other equally seedy pub..

love you everyone, and see you soon.

Hopefully I will be going to Nowhere on Friday but should have ample time to keep ya’ll updated on this little fiasco..

xxoo

sister squirrell



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *