BootsnAll Travel Network



I have arrived!

Bonjour !
 
  As you all may have guessed or already knew, I arrived safely in France without any serious problems.   I would, however,  like to take the time to thank American Airlines for so thoughtfuly and thouroghly checking my bike and its contents.  They did such a great job in fact that they decided not to seal my little lass back up !   I suppose my pedals must have been some kind of a terriost threat  because they did not arrive in Paris with me.  Oh well,  I suppose we all pay a price for international saftey. 
 Frankie, my gracious hostess picked me up from the airport, and whisked me away through the winding Paris streets for a fly-by tour while making our way to my new home
Saint Civran (pronounced see-vrahn).
 St. Civran is without a doubt the center of France, I would say it is the heart, but Frankie says it’s no doubt « the liver. » (hee hee)    We are about 300km south of Paris in the middle of nowhere.    Really, the center of nowhere!!  It’s quite funny that all the guidebooks I bought before I left conviently leave out the province of Berry where I am, So if you are coming to visit (hint, hint) all the lonely planet books in print won’t help, I have truly made it off the radar. 
The town St. Civran itself is nothing more than a few dozen houses, a town hall and a church that stays locked because the gypsies looted it.  I am right in the center of all the action!   The studio faces the center of the village so I have a great view of the tractors and cows going up and down the street.   We are just in the centre of the cattle raising lands.  I am reminded of Ohio when I look around with the green rolling hills and the plump juicy *yummy* cows just wandering around, but in Ohio you don’t have limousine and cheverolts wandering the fields,  Cows that is.
  **French language note**
Mignon means “cute” in French so the next time you have Filet Mignon you’re having a “cute filet”!  Am I the only one who finds that extremely funny??
 
   Even though St.Civran is a bit of a tiny village we are pretty close to a few towns with modern luxuries such as broadband internet, telephones that can call the states, and even a supermarket and a pub!  Yay!!  But I’m not here to surf the net, buy food or get drunk at the pub, so the situation suits me, it actually makes it easier to get in the groove of things.

 What I am here to do or the purpose of me coming to France is to help Frankie with her poterie, Berry Hobby.  So far we have cleaned a winter’s worth of accumulation of dust and other odd items out of the workshop and made the place ready for some serious throwing and hand building!   I have also been assigned the position of web designer for the new and improved Berry Hobby website.    Strange?!  I’ve never been a web designer before, well thankfully Luc, Frankie’s son has been so patient and kind to show me the ropes and I have been working like mad to get her up and running.  I will send out the word when it’s done! Meanwhile have a look at the old one   www.berryhobby.com  I have done a little sprucing up to this lass to bide the time. 
            
 Well that’s all for now, the next entry is devoted to my La Borne excursion, read on if potters don’t bore you…

Bugs and Fishes  Jessica
 



Tags: , ,

One response to “I have arrived!”

  1. Frankie says:

    The Limousine cows are brown, and the CHAROLAIS cows are white… Jessy insists on calling them Limousines and Chevrolets!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *