BootsnAll Travel Network



Going Nowhere

  It was bound to happen.   I knew I was always on the brink of saying it
 

  I am going Nowhere!!!!  
 
   I bought a ticket to the annual European Burn Nowhere! 
 
   Nowhere is based on the States, Burning Man which I attended for the first time last year. 
It is held in the north of Spain, in the mountains.  This type of festival or gathering for lack of a better word celebrates radical self reliance, self expression, participation, and a leave no trace atmosphere.  What you take in, you must take out.   Also there is nothing for sale, no beer, food, ice, water, coffee, ect. 
 
 Gifting is accepted and encouraged, not to be mistaken with bartering, in which you trade an object or an act for something.   Gifting is done just with the pleasure of giving and does not require anything in return.  The best gifts aren’t what you’d expect at Christmas but more like a hug,  a dance, help on setting up a shade structure, a poem or necklace,  you get the picture.
  
I won’t make it to this year’s Burning Man.  So I thought what a better way to displace my sadness than to attend the European Burn.  Of course I hope it is going to be as great of an experience as Burning Man, but if there is anything I did learn at BM last year is to leave your Expectations at the gate.  With Expectations there is always a disappointment, and alot of what you learn at Burning Man applies to real life (see my current situation) so I listen and will go with my open huge Burner heart!  YAY!       
    I am planning on volunteering before and after the event.   I have nothing but time these days.  I  will be helping to  build the centre camp and hopefully get to help with setting up a bunch of art installations.   I will have to score some costumes and other necessities for a good time in the high desert.   When packing for a trip around the world one seems to leave the patent leather little red riding hood costume at home!!  I think I have learned my lesson.  Note taken!  
    Nowhere is a much smaller event, I think the cap is at 200 people!  Whereas there was close to 35000 at BM  last year.   I cannot wait to experience and participate in this intimate group of Burners, or Nooners I should say.       
    It really is awesome that this will coinside with the end of my Spain trip. All is falling into place, if I could only get on the freaking Train! 
 
Good times on the horizon,
Good times at the feet,
Spring is slowly passing on
Mid-summer meet the freaks!



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *