BootsnAll Travel Network



first step equals done….

After finally decided it was time to take my dream trip and researching other adventures that other people have taken. I learned that the best first step would be to open a travel account to stock away savings.

So that is what I did. I opened a checking account so I can squander away part of my income into my future travel account.

I also opened a savings so I can also squander away money for my coming home fund.

I read the most interesting comment on Boosnall last night, where a guy stated that once he realized everything he wanted would eventually end up in storage, I sat down and made a budget.

So am sending a portion of my income into my checking account, and another small portion into my returning home account. I figure this is my first year of saving, and after 6 months I will review my progress and go from there. I am hoping to have the portion needed for my central america and south america leg saved by the end of the year. Which is why it is important I get a rough idea of how long I spend in each country. I am quickly learning that some latin america countries are more expensive than others.

I opened up each account with $1 so needless to say I have a long way to go, but this way I know in the end, I have accomplished a lot. Anyway time to plan Latin America and work on that first budget 🙂



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply