BootsnAll Travel Network



singapore

let’s start today’s post with a question: does anything beat Indian hospitality?

Everything with my trip went fine – the A380 lived up to expectations (quiet, very smooth flying) and I had an empty seat next to me, so a bit more space to sleep.  And I laughed through Rock of Ages, enjoying the 80s music and all the memories it conjures.

Upon arrival, the immigration official was unimpressed with a lack of “address while in Singapore” filled out on my card.  He was very friendly though and agreed that if I provided my friends’ telephone number, that would be good enough. And on exiting baggage claim, I easily found Pooja waiting for me – I should have known better than to question the arrangements!  We had a lovely afternoon enjoying snacks, tea, and later drinks in the Casa Mohan, which is beautifully decorated for the Diwali holidays and has a great view out onto the Singapore Strait.  Pooja managed to get me linked up on the phone to a good friend who REALLY knows cameras, and by the time we met up with him and his wife for dinner, he was toting a new zoom lens and filters for me.  not bad, to shop via phone and have it delivered over a wonderful indian dinner! And we finished off the day with a 1 hour foot massage – heavenly.  Why exactly can’t you get a massage at 10pm every where in the world?  I mean, there’s hardly a better time to enjoy that kind of relaxation.  And with that, this weary traveller is off to bed and tomorrow: heading to Brunei.  (that is, after pedicure, manicure and lunch!)



Tags: ,

Comments are closed.