BootsnAll Travel Network



Ubud: And then I did this

I’ve been doing a lot and haven’t posted anything lately after making the effort earlier to put something on here about once a week, so I just thought I’d post something just to post it and not really because I have the desire to do a rundown of the things I’ve been doing in light of the fact that I really don’t want this blog to be about “And then I did this… and then I did this… and then I did this…” — even if that’s what it really is about, anyway.

Anyway, hey! I’m in the finals of my fantasy football league! The finals, bitches. From fricking Southeast Asia. I’ve had some really suckass teams of late, so I’m as surprised as the next guy. The next guy being Chris, who I beat in the semifinals — and he has LaDanian Tomlinson on his team. Let me repeat that: He has LDT on his team, and lost. I started Jeff Garcia. Yep, I’m as surprised as anyone. Better luck next year, Chrissie. Haha! Sucka.

Okay, okay — for posterity’s sake. Or, posterior’s sake…

The rest of my time in Borneo was wicked. (New word! Wicked! Bloody Brits have me saying it now. Jerks.) Made some great friends there in Kuching — like Matt, a Brit who works in the orangutan rehab center there took a few of us on a guided tour. Met some great animals and learned a lot. And Richard, whose family owned the guesthouse I was staying at. He invited some of us to his uncle’s 65th birthday party. Yeah, a total big deal Malaysian family shindig, in a nice hotel, complete with buffet, free drinks and live band karaoke. Amazing hospitality. So what happens? The family all love the ten or so travellers who’ve gate-crashed their party; everyone starts encouraging us to dance, introducing us to their second- and third-cousins, teaching us Malay dances and hugging us profusely — well, that was just that one Uncle Bobby. Basically just being awesome.

Hence, Borneo was awesome.

Then it was raining in Singapore. I didn’t do much of anything for three days, except hang out with some good folks in the hostel and wander around the shiny crowded shopping malls. Then I flew to Bali, where I met this Chilean guy Javier on the way over, and we met up with a couple of his friends here in Kuta. I’ve gone to the beach, gone to a scenic temple, seen a traditional Balinese dance show, and now I’m in Ubud, which is full of art and monkeys. No, really.

Hey, I’m in the southern hemisphere! Hey, Merry Christmas!

}}{{



Tags: , , , , ,

0 responses to “Ubud: And then I did this”

  1. Phoebe says:

    I started LT and I Jeff Garcia in the finals and it cost me the title of Super-Champ. Bummer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *