BootsnAll Travel Network



Woo for Melbourne

Hi again!

So we had the absolute longest day on thursday!!!! We had a lovely well deserved sleep til 10 and then out of the hotel by 12. Over to Hong Kong island and up ‘the peak!’ Up there we had a glorious view of clouds! Such a shame but was fun anyway AND we ate proper chinese food, none of that KFC rubbsih today you’ll all be glad to hear!!!  Then we had to start making our way to the airport for our flight to Sydney! On the plane we’re just finding our seats and we’re only sitting next to a family, baby and 2 small girls which we were just praying would be good, but we did have the seats where no one is sitting in front of you so we could put our legs up….of course neither me or Alice slept AGAIN!!! But have to say baby was very good!  Anyway once in Sydney we were very excited althought the extra flight to get to Melbourne was a drag!

Short flight went very quickly and we were here! Just had to find our way to our hostel. Hopped on the tram, in the wrong direction, soon sorted ourselves out though! Our hostel was very swish ‘BASE’ its called and nice and modern! Got our keys and off to the dorm we went. Opened the door and woah all we could see was clothes and smell -boys! Couldnt even tell there were beds free but we had two top bunks! Shattered and hungry we went to explore the area for a bit then went back, went on the internet and went to our dorm, to await to see who we were sharing with. Met two of the guys briefly who seemed nice and then now we still havent met anyone else as we were asleep and they went early this morning!

Anyway today we went into the city, went up the eureka skytower which had a bit with glass floor 250m high!!! Scary but beautiful views!!! Next had some lunch along the river and then went into the australian centre for the moving image which was very interesting about how film has developed etc. We spent the aftrenoon on St. Kilda beach and watched the sunset it was bliss!

Tomorrow we are going on the neighbours tour and i can’t wait, and also we might go to Phillips island! I think that is all for now, first impressions of melbourne is a massive thumbs up!!!

love you all

Holly xxx



Tags:

10 responses to “Woo for Melbourne”

  1. Granny says:

    Gld you are enjoying Melbourne
    xxxxxxx

  2. jerry& rosemary says:

    Very glad you are likeing Melbourne if you can ty and eat in the park. We have arrived in Sarasota and are at Waweep having coffee with Granny and Gramp befor we go for lunch. Don’t forget kep enjoying Love Jeremy ad Rosemary

  3. Rachieee says:

    JEALOUS!!!!!
    You haven’t sent me my ticket yet to join you…. im guessing its in the post:) 🙂 Looove you stay safe x x x xx x x

  4. Auntie says:

    Oh am jealous of you going on Neighbours tour I said to paul if we eve go to Oz I want to do that….Sad…no way Glad u both ok and having good time It sounds as if you already experience the joys of backpacking

    Say hi to Paul Robinson for me

    A xxxx

  5. Tried to leave a comment before, but without success.Glad to hear that you are safe , well & enjoying Melbourne, sounds an interesting city. We envy you the weather its cold & miserable here & trying to snow. Love Grandpa & Brenda xxx

  6. Jules says:

    Great views from Eureka – went up there 2 years ago when it opened. Make sure you head out on the Great Ocean Road – its a long drive but worth it – so long as its sunny!
    Keep up the good work 😉

  7. Auntie says:

    Very jealous of neighbours tour……Glad u safe and having a great time
    yeah we are all jealous of the weather Its started snowing here again!!!
    Say hi to Susan Kennedyand Paul Robinson when on trip

    Lots of love

    Auntie xx

  8. Auntie says:

    Can u receive me This is the first time I have written on someones blog!!!

  9. Emma says:

    Hi Holly, am very jealous. Wish I was there, far too cold here. Emma.x

  10. Emma says:

    P.s. Have never used a blog before so have no idea what I’m doing. LOL

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *