BootsnAll Travel Network



We’re only in Hong Kong

Right, woah we’re actually here sitting in a hotel in Hong Kong, it’s 6.19pm and I  don’t think i’ve ever felt this tired!

Flight wasn’t too painful in the end, we watched a lot of films, ate a lot of rubbish food (note to self and whoever else is thinking of trying bacon and mushroom fritatta don’t because it is disgusting!!!!!!!) tried to sleep for about an hour and it just wasnt happening! One of the air hostesses definitely had it in for us, Mandy, and the others we loved mainly because they had Ozzy accents!!

Anyway once we landed, only about 20mins late, at 8 in the morning local time (that’s right we just skipped a whole nights sleep) we had to find the right bus to get us to the hotel. A21 to Jordan Station was the one we got, and using our octupus card (equilvalent to oyster card) it was fairly cheap. Once we found the hotel down what looked like some dodgy back street but actually for the money, turned out to be ok, well does the job anyway! By then we were hungry, instead of having a nice chinese we chose KFC, don’t ask why, but we were looking around for ages and were starving. So KFC in HK is not the same, no chips, and rice with chicken soup….very odd! I wouldnt recommend it thats for sure.

After food we headed up into Kowloon, to the Jade Market which was hilarious. Millions of stalls full of all the same stuff so as soon as you go near, or glance at any of the stools, the owners run at you and try to sell you everything! If we saw them running we’d hurry onto the next stool!

Then we went to the ladies market where I bought a fake links london bracelet but it looks very real! We’d walked for ages by then so decided to catch the underground to our next tourist attraction….a temple. You get to look around the temple and see people worshipping with inscence, we were gonna get some but didnt think they would appreciate us flapping inscence around for no reason. Instead we got given a pot of sticks and told to shake them until one fell out, on the stick was a number and this is said to be your lucky number, you can take it to a fortune teller and they’ll tell you your fortune (really?!?!…ha) I got number 2 (which is not technically my lucky number) but we are about to go out again to the night market and will go to a fortune teller and see what they have to say! We are also about to go and see a spectacular light show down at the harbour!

The only thing is when we returned from the temple at about 3, we were very much becoming deliriously tired! We have now been awake 26 hours and had a small nap of about 40mins as much as we could have slept right through we decided to make the most of our time and forced ourselves out.

Tomorrow we are going up the peak on Hong Kong Island and then we leave to go to the airport at 4. Great, the thought of a 9 hour flight right now is just not very appealing, but cannot wait to get to Australia.

I think that is all for now, i get the feeling we might be chucked off these computers soon but we are safe, loving Hong Kong, and very much enjoying the beginnings of our adventure!!

Love you all

Holly xxx

p.s. i apologise for the amount of mistakes there may be in this blog, lack of sleep does not bode well for correct grammer (well thats my excuse anyway!)



Tags:

10 responses to “We’re only in Hong Kong”

  1. Rachieee says:

    Glad your there safe and sound! Sounds like your having a wicked time already! and KFC seriously girls!! hehe! What Was you thinking! =] Keep us updated the best you can 🙂
    Love you lots, stay safe and enjoy x x xx x x xx x x x x

  2. Clive Ogden says:

    Glad you’re there Ok – Have a great time!! Keep the blog going!!!xx

  3. Jeremy & Rosemary says:

    Come on girls you must eat chinese whilst in Hong Kong, but by now you will be on your way to Australia, hope you have a safe flight and sleep well.
    Rosemary and I set off for Florida tomorrow morning, we spoke to Granny this morning and she said she could not down load your itineary so we are taking a copy with us for her, but whether she will be able to visit your blog I don’t know!!
    You are now heading to one of my favourite citys, Melbourne, I always felt it was a bit like London but much more cosmopolitan and the food and wine is to die for.
    Have a great time and still keep enjoying Love Jeremy and Rosemary

  4. Pip says:

    Are we nearly there yet???? Hope the trip to Oz isn’t too tiresome. Good to hear you enjoyed HK. Though KFC is really rather tame!!! You must try Kangaroo when you get down under. Pipx

  5. Grandpa Lang & Brenda says:

    Glad to learn that you had arrived safely in Hong Kong & although tired, it sounded as if you had had an interesting,fun time. Trust that by now you will be in Oz. hope also that in the meantime youv’e managed to catch some shuteye!!Look forward to hearing of your travels in Oz. Try something better to eat than KFC!Continue to enjoy yourselves & keep safe.Our love as always Grandpa Lang & Brenda

  6. Granny says:

    Just trying this out
    Hope you are having a good time

    XXXXXXX

  7. Granny says:

    Glad you liked Hong Kong, both Grandpa and I did. Busy busy. Can’t believe you had KFC it sounded disgusting. I don’t even eat it in England. We had lovely Chinese food when we were there. Must admit we were taken out to eat by a Brit who worked out there Jeremy and Rosemay arrived safely, but a man had a heart attack an hour before they landed. I think they had to use the machine to restart his heart. Worked on him when they landed so passengers unable to disembark. They think he was OK.
    We have had a storm today but meant to be better tomorrow.
    Do try and get in touch with Maureen. Both you and Alice will be made very welcome if you visit them or their son Lex the father of Hannah.
    I have bookd your ticket for skiing 26th December to 3rd January.
    Mum sent your email about your accommodation in OZ not good . hope the sheets were clean.!!!!
    LAA Granny xxxx

  8. Alastair, Sarah & Girls says:

    Hellooo – ‘got this via Mum. ‘Glad to hear all about HK – S’s Brother in Law lives there & we have been over a few times. Take care! SAL&T xxxx

  9. Granny says:

    The weather here is still cold, a bit brighter today. I believe you are having hot weather where you are. Off to the opera tonight. On Friday we are going to The Apple. Do you remember when you came and did a dance on the pavement during the interval and the people wanted to know where you had learnt to dance. They were very impressed.
    Waiting to read your next blog
    Keep healthy
    LAA Granny and Grandpa xxxxx

  10. Granny says:

    Have been in touch with Steve, who says both you and Alice would be very welcome to stay with them. His email is steve@chamton.com
    Hope you are still having a good time.
    Keep healthy
    LAA Granny xxxxx

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *