BootsnAll Travel Network



Welcome to the Gold Coast!

Surfers Paridise is where we are now. In a lovely hostel attached to a hotel with a swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, although we haven’t checked in yet because our room isnt ready.

Anyway back to where we were last time. We had the absolute weirdest day so far on this trip on friday. Went to the hippy town called nimbin where everyone is a hippy (obviously) we were there for about an hour and a half and it was one of the slowest hours and a half ever, we just didn’t like it. It stank of weed even though its illegal and we just weren’t too keen. We left nimbin after lunch and went on a drive through this rainforest and stopped at this other freaky guy called Pauls house who was short, hariy and his jeans had no flies on his jeans…you could see everything! We had to walk around this swamp, which was kinda pretty, to a little hut and eat macadania nuts and melon then walk back to the bus. It was all just very random and the whole time we were thinking what are we doing here. The only good stop we made was the next one to see Minyon falls which was a very pretty waterfall 120metres high and it made us think about when we do our bungee jump in NZ and how scared we are gonna be!

Anyway we got home from this freaky tour at around 6 and had a BBQ in our hostel then we went out to a bar called the beach hotel which was fun got back around 12 and relaxed in our garden, star gazing!

Next day, saturday we spent the day on the lovely beach, although it did start to pour with rain so we had to take cover for half an hour but after that it was gorgeous. The sea was lavly although the current was very strong!!!! At about 6 we went home, cooked our tea of pasta and a sauce again, watched the film never been kissed. It was our friend Helen’s birthday so we had a mini surprise party for her, then went round to her apartment for a few drinks. After a couple of hours, a few of us decided to go star gazing on the beach. Had a little skinny dip in the sea, which was hilarious and weirdly warm and then when we were walking back it absolutely poured with rain so we were soaked! But we didn’t really care.

On sunday, our 2 guy friends from our apartment left for surfers paradise so, Alice, Mikaela and myself thought we’d go shopping but we were very good and refrained from buying anything then went to the beach for a fews hours. Have to say the tan is coming a long now that it’s stopped raining so much 🙂 When we got back from the beach our roomie Ben who works at the hostel and loads of others were playing a game of beersby. Which is frisbee with a difference. 2 teams, 2 sticks 2 cans and beer. Hard to explain but it was a good laugh, even though we were the only girls playing and the guys were very serious about it!!! After the game we ate pizza and packed and we were in bed by 11.

Now afetr the shortest bus journey yet we are in Surfers. Byron was awesome we could have stayed longer but it’s fun to keep moving. Only problem is that i’ve never gotten so many bites in such a short time in my life. I literally have them all down my legs, arms, back and neck its so annoying, and really very attractive, NOT! We think the beds had bed bugs, combined with the mosquiotos just meant we got biten! A lot.

Anyway we have just booked up the next 2 months of our trip all the way up to Cairns, including Whitsunday Island, Fraser Island, Magnetic Island, rainbow beach, Noosa, Surfing lesson again, dolphin feeding and loads more so we’ve got a day by day plan of where we’ll be when now which is fun!

Off to go and see if our room is ready now and then jump straight in that pool.

Catch ya later.

Holly xxx



Tags:

4 responses to “Welcome to the Gold Coast!”

  1. Granny says:

    You still seem to be enjoying yourselvs despite the bites.
    I am sure you will like The Whitsunday isles. Grandpa and his brother ,wife Dee and I hired a yacht for a week and sailed there. Fabulous. We had to anchor by about 4.00 and phone in to the harbour to let them know our position.
    We had our first day of Floridian weather yesterday, but have been told we are in for another cold snap. Still better than being in England. Can’t believe Uncle and Auntie leave Thursday. The time has gone so quickly. It has really been super having them here. Hope they come again and the weather wll be better for them.
    We went to the ballet last night Sunday. very good ideed.
    It is lovely reading your blogs.
    LAA xxxxxxxxx

  2. Jerry & Rosemary says:

    It all sounds great except the bites, I hate mossie bites!! If you get short of money you should try and sell your rain making services, I am sure you know that Auss has been suffering from the “big dry” and now you have arrived it rains!! As granny said we are on the count down for our return to cold snowy UK. Keep enjoying your trip love Jery and Rosemary

  3. Wendy- gp surgery says:

    Hi Holly- thought I’d say a quick hello. I can’t wait to read everything but haven’t got time at the moment- but thought I’d say hi anyway. I’m sure you are having the time of your life. Take care & I will be in touch later. love Wendy xx

  4. Emma says:

    I am so jealous of you lucky lucky girls. Can’t believe I am stuck in birmingham in rain and snow and cold with lack of a tan!!!
    Missing you and your silly texts :o)
    take care of yourself!
    all my love
    horses ass xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *