BootsnAll Travel Network



Town of 1770

Absolutely loved this place but this is probably due to the weather being nice and being jam packed with activities!

When we arrived at our hostel, to our surprise the boys from Frasers were there so we hung out with them for a while, went into town for food and then when they left had a girly evening watching he’s just not that into you’ and half of ‘the bucket list’ before the dvd stopped working.

On tuesday it was a lovely bright sunny day so we sat around by the pool sunbathing in the morning. In the afternoon we went on a ‘scooter roo.’ Basically you go on small chopper bikes all around the town and watch the sunset. Me and Al were really scared before (especially because our friend Jenni we met before fell off and scraped her arm so she couldn’t swim for 2 weeks) but as soon as we got going we absolutely loved it! We were driving on proper roads at 80kph!!! Was great fun! Another thing I can tick off the list of things I never thought i’d do too!

That evening we staying in and watched finding Nemo, which pulled in quite a crowd at the hostel.

Next day was going to be a busy one. We had a 4 hours surf lesson from 9-1 which I wasn’t too hopefull about after the last one but I only went and stood up about 5 times surfing all the way to the beach like a prper surfer!! Haha! Was shocked but was so much fun. Turns out the way we’d be taught before was a load of crap and clearly it was as it didn’t work! Anyway when we got back we were pretty tired but had kayaking to look forward to at 3. Had some lunch and got ready.

kayaking was quite eventful. Was a sunset tour so we go out kayaking round to a couple of beaches and then on this little walk to try and spot some dolphins (which we didn’t spot unfortunately) and then you stop fr a drink and nibbles before going back to where we started. On the way out the cureent was against us but the wind with us so it was fairly easy. Buton the way bacxk it was the opposite and the wind was sooo strong. Me and Alice were in a boat together and there were about 5 other boats and then the guide. The guide had to tow one boat and everyone was struggling. The suddenly a wave came and me and Alice were in the water. Thats right we’d capsised! We could not stop laughing. But the guide was getting a bit worried. Al managed to get back in the boat and then started floating away while i tried to gather up all our stuff including the paddle and i was bobbing away in the opposite direction! Anyway the guide managed to save Alice and then me and we finally made it back to safe ground. Was very funny though!

No more dramas after that we had an early night and then caught our oz bus at 8 in the morning…

xx



Tags:

2 responses to “Town of 1770”

  1. Granny and Grandpa says:

    Youb crtainly seem to be having a vey exciing time.
    Take care. xxxxxx

  2. Rachieee says:

    hahahahahahahaha! =]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *