BootsnAll Travel Network



Onwards and upwards.

After Christchurch we were meant to head up Kaikoura however our bus forgot to get us. We were stranded and missing Queenstown, we had thoughts of going back, working etc but after evaluating the situation it would be too expensive and a waste of a visa to only stay a while so we are going to save it for another time.

This meant we had to kill another day in Christchurch, we managed to find a wagamammas and go to the museum and watch movies.

Kaikoura was our next destination, the weather wasn’t amazing and we decided that whale watching was too expensive for an unguarenteed whale spot so we chilled out most of the day.

Our next day we left for the ferry at picton, spent 3 hours on the ferry discussing all the funny travelling stories we’ve had with some other passengers on our bus and arrived in Wellington around 4.

Spent the next few days in the capital, learning cultural things at the huge Te Papa Mueseum and shopping!

Now we have made it to Taupo unfortunately the one thing we came here to do, The tongariro crossing has been cancelled!

We head to Rotarua in the next few days then hit Auckland!

Update again soon.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *