BootsnAll Travel Network



Settling into Sydney

After a few days with no internet connection, we finally found a convenient and relatively cheap internet café.  It’s just down the street from the apartment that we’re renting for the rest of our time in Sydney.  It’s great to have a kitchen, laundry, and more comfortable place to hang out.  We’ve been spending our days exploring the neighborhood and in addition to the café, we’ve found a good farmers market, grocery store, and bottle shop.  It’s been amazing how time consuming simple things can be when you’re not sure where to go or what brands to buy!  However, Sydney is pretty easy to navigate and we’re getting around pretty quickly now.  We also met a friend from the US for dinner last night and got a few more pointers.

We spent a day in Manley, a beach north of the city.  There’s a nice, but long walk up to a cliff lookout called the North Head that has beautiful views of the entrance to the harbour.  The surf culture is definitely a factor here and it felt a little like home in CA, except for the pine trees along the beach instead of palms.  After the day here, we can’t wait to go to Bondi next week.
blog-manly.JPG

Tags: , ,



5 Responses to “Settling into Sydney”

  1. Suzanne Says:

    I am so excited for you! The pictures are great, and I love reading about your experiences. Was it Steve W. that you hooked up with?

  2. Debby S. Says:

    Which neighborhood are you staying in Sydney?

  3. Posted from United States United States
  4. halftime Says:

    Hi to both Suzanne and Debby…

    Yes, we did see Steve – went for a bike ride today at Olympic Park with him. Pictures later.

    We’re staying near Darling Harbour, which is great and very central to all the tourist stuff!

  5. Posted from Australia Australia
  6. Jin Says:

    Ellyse, I sent you an invite to my Ofoto site with a very similar photo to yours of Manly beach… I remember taking the ferry out there and walking down the ‘shopping’ street to the beach. Enjoy.

  7. Jin Says:

    Are you guys going to hike the harbour bridge? You can take a tour to the top!

Leave a Reply