BootsnAll Travel Network



When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Alot of Lemonade. Gallons, If Neccessary!

A lemon revolution……… 

Oh boy. Where to begin.

Well, I’ll tell you all something. Of late, my life has had alot of lemons.

There were so many that I was trying to put on a happy face, be industrious, and make as much lemonade as possible.

Suddenly I found myself in a scene similiar to that famous ” I Love Lucy” show where Ethel and Lucy are in a candy factory on the assembly line…the candy keeps coming, faster and faster. They can’t pack the boxes anymore, it’s coming so fast, so they are stuffing it wherever they can. It ends in disaster, of course.

Life is kind of like that too. Sometimes so much is coming at you that you can’t do much and you end up buried under what ever is coming your direction.

Of course, Lucy and Ethel got buried under a pile of chocolates. I got buried under alot of other things.

I have been doing well, trying to deal with each day one day at a time. That’s the best way to manage everything right now. And life’s been good. …I’ve got great friends, a wonderful place to live, and wonderful projects to work on, as well as a strong spiritual life.

Then suddenly, I lost it all. A downpour of lemons, in form of love gone wrong.

Such grief, such sadness. There are no words to describe that feeling.

Even though I have moved on in alot of places in my life, it’s still fresh, and I kept getting pulled back into that pit. Not often, mind you, but often enough.   I knew it was in the way –almost a physical roadblock–to the rest of my life and goals coming into fruition.

I was sitting there, overwhelmed by gloom and sadness, when I thought to myself, “Why do this yourself?”

I had no answer. No really good one anyway.

And it occurred to me that compassion begins with yourself.And I fully realized, probably for the very first time in my entire life, that I need to come first.And I need to be compassionate to myself before I give that compassion away to anyone else.

And I realized just what I’d been giving away, to the wrong person, and I thought of all the people in world that could have benefited from that love and care and compassion and they didn’t.

And here’s an obvious epiphany: one actually gets to choose how to deal with all those lemons coming one’s direction.

This is obvious to the rest of you but..it wasn’t to me. I actually was letting other people decide that for me, under the general umbrella that I was less important. I did not think I deserved to express how angry I was. I was so busy being caught up in trying to be compassionate for others that I was not compassionate towards myself.

I know. It’s incredible to me that I thought that. I really believed that, that I did that.

And the thought of what I had been doing and not doing so moved me that I leapt up out of my chair, ended my gloom, and got, for the first time, angry.

I mean the kind of anger that comes on like a tsunami. The kind of anger that causes revolutions.

And I thought, “Well, it’s time to become a revolutionary.”

Because if the things that I say are important to me are really that important, then I’m not going to give them up for anyone else. I’m going to need every ounce of compassion and energy that I have for those goals and ideas and people. I’ve got many people through out the world counting on me to make a real difference int heir lives and in my own, and I’m not about to let them or myself down.

So I went off and had a bit of a revolution…said what I needed to say…

And it felt really good actually. It felt FABULOUS. I was surprised how right it felt. I was motivated by the fact that I had neglected my own self care, and my care for others, because I was putting all this energy into wrong things and people. When you do that, it keeps you in the past, which is perhaps where some might like you to be. But I prefer the future, which is vast, unknown, exciting.

That anger, it was overwhelming. It was powerful. It was cathartic.

And when I finished expressing that anger, I resolved to be free of that old hurt and love, to completely free of it…to allow it to disappear. And I’m sure this will take time, but I’ll be ready.

Somewhere along the line..I’m not sure where..when this relationship ended, I “bought into” the idea that it was my responsibility to be there for him,  to help him.  It sounds crazy, I know! I bought it hook, line, and sinker..and I sank pretty low. Not every day, but every time I had to interact, it was exhausting, draining, terrible. It was over, yet I felt pressure to be friends, or pressure to be in contact. Well, I realized, that’s all it was.. –pressure– that was not coming from me..and it didn’t have to be honored or accepted.

And when I saw, really saw, what was true–that it wasn’t my responsibility…it was like the light in the room turned on and I could see everything much more clearly.

And now, it’s finished. The book is closed, put away in some dusty corner of my mind, and I don’t think I will take it out again for a long time. I can finally breathe. I can enjoy life again.

It takes courage to begin something: but sometimes, we must summon the courage to finish something before we can really begin to live the life we are capable of living. 

 The only person who can help someone is themselves. Me included.

And life..just suddenly got bigger, and brighter, and alot more JOYFUL. It has become..dare I say…Pleasant and calm.

I relaxed. I made of a list of the next places to travel (Morocco! Columbia! Peru!) and took out a pile of guidebooks and read them.

 I planned the trip to India in December.

I called my friends in a little village in India, and talked to most of the village!

I bought myself two bouquets of flowers.

I made cupcakes, and ate them all.

I agreed to speak at a series of talks on World Peace and Social Justice.

I joined a gym (this new perspective requires much cupcake making and therefore cupcake eating and therefore gym!)

I decided to buy a bicycle.

I decided to docent at an art museum and signed up.

I unpacked my cookbooks and planned out some beautiful meals.

I looked at photos from my trip and worked on putting together a slide show and presentation for my friends.

And since there are loads of lemon trees near my little house…I made several gallons of lemonade.

Life goes on. And life is good.

gigi



Tags:

21 responses to “When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Alot of Lemonade. Gallons, If Neccessary!”

  1. michele whitnack says:

    Yea Anger !
    It made me angry to think that anyone told you not to be angry. We all have a right to feel what we feel, no matter how uncomfortable it may make some people.
    XO

  2. Thanks for this post. I’m sure many people (me included) can relate to you story. It’s best to feel your feelings rather than hold them in. Writing is a great instrument to channel your feelings. If you don’t feel comfortable writing in a journal, you could always write a short story or novel — incorporate your experiences from your travels.

  3. Thank you for sharing this blog, It is an amazing blog, I am really impressed by your blog, It’s really useful https://wwwnortoncomsetup.com/

  4. Nice blog, you give a clear idea of the topic and I subscribed to your blog, I have some links to share here https://www.thenortonsetup.com/

  5. Good Work, i like the way you describe this topic, keep going. i would like to share some useful security links here please go through https://www.avg-retail.com/

  6. Life has very unexcepted, No one knows, how is future to be, But we keep trying to make it good.

  7. If you’re a movie enthusiast and would like to see the first-day very first series of your favourite movies and web-series afterward amazon prime video can be your own stop. You can’t just see afterward on the first-day initial show but may also see them as numerous as enough period you’d like. Thus, you can’t should attend to see pictures to invest on a theatre ticket every moment. You just have to pay for the subscription fee and you may watch your favourite movies a variety of times.https://amzonmytvcode.com/

  8. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates Feel free to visit my website; https://www.casinosite.one/

  9. Wow, incredible blog format! How lengthy have you been blogging for? you make running a blog glance easy. https://www.casinosite777.top/

  10. The full glance of your site is fantastic, as smartly the content material. Feel free to visit my website;
    https://www.casinositeguide.com/

  11. Great post ! I am pretty much pleased with your good post.You put really very helpful information. Feel free to visit my website; https://www.safetotosite.pro/

  12. From some point on, I am preparing to build my site while browsing various sites. It is now somewhat completed. If you are interested, please come to play with bitcoincasino !!

  13. baccarat online says:

    Your explanation is organized very easy to understand!!! I understood at once. Could you please post about baccarat online ?? Please!!

  14. I’ve been searching for hours on this topic and finally found your post. baccaratcommunity, I have read your post and I am very impressed. We prefer your opinion and will visit this site frequently to refer to your opinion. When would you like to visit my site?

  15. free games says:

    Thanks for putting this in writing.

  16. Good Work, i like the way you describe this topic, keep going
    비아그라구매

  17. 시알리스구입
    Thanks for putting this in writing.

  18. polinkuer says:

    Quick Draw is an online game developed by Google where players are asked to draw an image based on a given word. This game uses artificial intelligence to identify and predict the correct image that the player draws.

  19. word wipe says:

    Although there are numerous popular video games available today, this one may be unfamiliar to you. Spend some time playing it in order to appreciate its greatness.

  20. fall guys 3 says:

    The forum content you supplied with me has provided me with a large quantity of beneficial knowledge. I sincerely hope you will begin providing updates more frequently. Play fall guysfor free!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *