BootsnAll Travel Network



Truelifeplanet Interview No. 6: Francisco Javier Gil Mayor, Knight of the Templar

Francisco is a Knight of the Templar, a rather different Catholic order of brothers devoted to service. He is currently the Knight who is running the Arroyo San Bol refuge along the Camino de Santiago route.

Meeting him, talking with him, and just being around him, has turned out to be a real turning point in my spiritual life.

I asked him if I could interview him for my blog, and he agreed, as long as I made clear at the beginning of the interview that everything he is, everything he does, is for God; and that it is not him doing what he does, but God working thru him.

This interview was conducted May 19th, 2008, at the Arroyo San Bol refuge, sitting around the kitchen table after a delicious dinner.

Thankyou to Alejandro(I do not know your last name) who was a guest at the refuge, and who made this interview possible with the help of his translation skills.

Question:

What is your name, and how long have you been at the Arroyo San Bol refuge?

My name is Francisco Javier Gil Mayor, and I was sent by God to this refuge 4 days ago.

 Question:

Have you walked the Camino yourself?

Yes, I walked it. It was a ..very personal journey for me. I can not talk about it to anyone, except to say that I walked with nothing, I walked with no money for three months, and God provided for me, he provided everything. I became a Knight of the Templar at the end of my journey. The Camino changed me, my life-well, it is not my life, it is for the purpose of serving others now.

Question: How did you come to be here?

Well, as I said, God.

But before this, I was at another refuge, the Casa in Marajin. I worked there for quite awhile, building it, improving it-and when I was done, God told me to come to this place.

Question:

So, let´s talk about your order, the Knights of the Templar. What exactly is a Knight of the Templar? Are you monks, or ????

The Knights are a Catholic order-we are a brotherhood.

This is what we are:

1. The heart of God.

2. The heart of service.

We are not monks; we have two knights on a horse on our insignia, to show the importance of duality. We are the only order, the only brotherhood, who believes in this importance of duality. We are not monks, we are able to have a companion for our life if that is what God wishes for us.

The duality of human nature is what we express in our insignia: the black/white; the yin/yang; the light of God/the dark of evil.  Man is not meant to go at his life alone-he is meant to have the fullest expression of love, of light, of service. This is why we usually work in pairs.This is our expression of our humanity.

Question:

Are you paid for your work?

(Laughs) yes, I am paid by the Knights of the Templar. I am provided for. But, I often use my own money to buy the food for the pilgrims, to make improvements. The money is not for my use-it is for God.

Question:

What do you think God wants you to do with this place?

1. He wants me to create a place of spiritual and physical rest for passing pilgrims. This is very important, as there is are not many refuges where you can really rest.

2. He wants me to repair the place, with the help of those who he sends to me.

3. He wants me to build a place of worship, a temple made using the old ways of the past, in this place, so that pilgrims passing can be with God in a holy place.

Question:

How long do you think you will be here?

God sent me a message that I will be here for ten years, that I will run this place for ten years…. after that, I do not know.

My contract is with God, it is not with any other human being. Only God knows.

Question:

How do you live day to day, in these circumstances, never knowing..what will happen?

That is a good question. I live much differently than most people, I live simply. It doesn´t bother me to not know what is next, becasue I know I will be provided for.

The pilgrims donate money to the refuge; I eat what the pilgrims eat, I prepare the food and I eat with them. I have no other needs, anything else that I need, God provides for me.

God brings the pilgrims here that are supposed to be here-that is how the Camino works. There is never any worry. Why worry? God will take care of everything. If God wants something, He will provide for it. It is very simple.

The plan for the temple here-well, I have no idea how that will happen. I have no idea where the money will come from, I really do not know. But, I have no doubt, I have complete faith.

This week we are going to begin to build a few bathrooms here-we need them!(Laughs) But, I have no idea where the money will come from. But, we will begin our work and God will provide. That is how it works.

Question:

What would you say to people who struggle to believe, who struggle even with the idea of faith?

It is normal to struggle-this is a part of the duality of our nature. We all must go thru times of unbelief, in order to have times of belief.

God is like a candle. We take our anger at the world, at bad things that have happened to us, and this is like a covering over the candle. (takes a cup from th table and covers a burning candle..)

But, our anger, our hurts, they never extinguish God, they never extinguish the possibility of belief. (Uncovers the candle with the cup, and it is still burning brightly..)

The road to belief in God is a difficult journey. People need to understand this, to accept this, to simply know they are on a journey-their own journey. God, the light of the world, the candle, is waiting for them at the end of the road.

Question:

What would you say to people that have difficulty understanding how you can devote your entire life to the service of others? What about your own needs?

First, I want for nothing. I have everything I could possibly want. Material things, these things get in the way of God.

Second, the secret of life is that we are all eternal, and if we work for the light (God, goodness), we become the light. We are the light of the world, and our light shines before all.

Any last words?

Nothing for us, everything for God.

Well said. What a wonderful example of how to live a life of service.

gigi



Tags:

24 responses to “Truelifeplanet Interview No. 6: Francisco Javier Gil Mayor, Knight of the Templar”

  1. Jim P says:

    A good man. I wish him well.

  2. rada says:

    Incredible quest there. What happened after? Take care!

  3. I’m no longer sure where you are getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thank you for wonderful info I used to be searching for this information for my mission.

  4. nice one for sharing this with all of us. Of course, what a great site and informative posts, I will bookmark this site. keep doing your great job and always gain my support. thanx for sharing this beautiful article

  5. It is onerous to search out knowledgeable individuals on this subject, even so you sound like you already know what you’re talking about! Thanks

  6. Thanks for enabling me to get new concepts about personal computers. I also have the belief that one of the best ways to maintain your notebook computer in perfect condition has been a hard plastic-type case, or even shell, that suits over the top of one’s computer. These kind of protective gear are model distinct since they are made to fit perfectly in the natural casing. You can buy all of them directly from the vendor, or via third party places if they are designed for your laptop computer, however only a few laptop could have a spend on the market. Again, thanks for your points.

  7. 18. Santas helpers are subordinate clauses.

  8. Hiya, I’m really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and web and this is actually frustrating. A good web site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thanks for keeping this site, I’ll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can’t find it.

  9. Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear. She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had to tell someone!

  10. Hi there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!

  11. barrage lalla takerkouste au maroc – agence du bassin hydraulique de tensift…

    barrage lalla takerkouste au maroc – agence bassin hydraulique tensift…

  12. barrage lalla takerkouste au maroc – agence du bassin hydraulique de tensift…

    barrage lalla takerkouste au maroc – agence bassin hydraulique tensift…

  13. Numerous thanks for the great post C I’d fun reading it! That i love this weblog.

  14. Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the images on this blog loading? I’m trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

  15. Karyn Welsh says:

    Admiring the commitment you put into your website and in depth information you offer. It’s nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same outdated rehashed material. Excellent read! I’ve saved your site and I’m including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

  16. Hi this is kinda of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  17. Title

    […]always a big fan of linking to bloggers that I love but don’t get a good deal of link enjoy from[…]

  18. Title

    […]the time to read or visit the content or web pages we’ve linked to below the[…]

  19. Title

    […]please go to the internet sites we adhere to, like this one particular, because it represents our picks through the web[…]

  20. free mining says:

    free cryptocurrency mining

    alfalahcoin

  21. Neara says:

    My wife or husband is denying to make Exactly how can this?Spousal service?Hell O Divorce discusses everything you could perform.
    https://free-divorce-advice.com/california/can-a-judge-dismiss-a-motion/

  22. I saw your article well. You seem to enjoy baccarat online for some reason. We can help you enjoy more fun. Welcome anytime 🙂

  23. Yttrendz, a trusted name in the realm of YouTube trends, offers you an exciting opportunity to stay in sync with the latest and greatest videos making waves across the globe.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *