BootsnAll Travel Network



Today’s News: I Talk to Mongol; I Set Up A New Blog; And, The Adoption Process Begins

 A NEW BLOG IS BORN!

 I’ve been working on a brand new blog!…sorry, everyone..I’ve been a bad blogger lately.. Frankly, I have been very busy and also have been spending alot of time creating a new blog.

The reasons for this are many, mostly that this is supposed to cover only travel and has become a platform for all of my various interests and so forth since my trip. I’ve known I needed to create a new blog for quite a quite, and so finally this past week began the time consuming process of making a beautiful, readable, intersting blog which will cover alot of other topics other than travel.

So while this blog will continue on and focus exclusively on travel only, the new blog will focus on alot of other stuff: charity work in Panama and India; the Daya Dan orphanage in Calcutta; Religion and Vocation; Social Justice; that sort of thing. If you don’t want to read about those things, then I would suggest sticking with this blog only and read about crazy travel adventures!

I’ll be linking the blogs together sometime during this week, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

This blog will continue on and focus exclusively on travel journals from my trip; my travels in the coming few years in India ( for example: Dec this year, June next year); and Panama/Columbia (the trip next summer).

ALL YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE DAYA DAN ORPHANAGE! 

As far as Daya Dan news, you’ll need to go to the new blog to get that information. At the moment there are about 140 of you reading who volunteered there in the past–and I’ve recieved so much positive encouragement from writing about the kids and so on. But there will be a section in the new blog that will be exclusively about Daya Dan.

I was able to talk to Mongol (the boy whose sister died recently) at length, and I think he is doing alright. It is alot for him to take in in that environment, but I think Sisters are supporting him very well.

THE ADOPTION PROCESS TRULY BEGINS!

And for the BIGGEST news of all:  When I called the Daya Dan orphanage a few days ago, Sister Paula Marie was on her way to taking Mitune(the boy I want to adopt) to Social Services where he was to get a full physical…the new head superior approved me adopting him..these two things are HUGE and now we move into the full on let’s try to go for it!! phase of things. I talked to them about how long we thought it would take and we thought about 3 1/2 years. So, everyone, I’m starting a whole new life as of this very week! There is alot to do and organize and classes to take and so on…I feel a little crazy sometimes! This and working two jobs and getting one’s “house in order” etc.  Ther eis so much to do I must break it down into daily increments or it’s just too much to think about all at once.

Here at home, some people are for it ( I thank you all for believing in me and for your support!); others vocally protest ; while still others are obviously silent (you know who you are.) The find myself gravitating to those who support it(naturally) and avoiding those who don’t understand it . I’ve become tired of explaining the circumstances and the why and how, and now simply say, “I’m going for it.” It’s a faith thing. I just have faith it will work out the way it will, and I accept the outcome. Meanwhile, I’m going to love that boy like mad.

Thinking back (and actually reading back!to those first journal entries on this blog), I have to say that I don’t know who I am anymore. Or maybe I know who I am for the first time in my life. There is no stretching to have an identity, there is no adapting to other’s expectations: for the first time in my life, I am wholly myself. If someone would have told me this trip would lead down this path of trying to adopt a child from India, I would’ve laughed (rather nervously, I might add!) at the statement.

Someone asked me the other day, who was leaving this week to travel extensively RTW, what the biggest blessing and the biggest challenge will be.

I told her:

“You’ll change alot-or at least, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to. If there’s some part of yourself that has been unexpressed, you see it come into full expression. That’s the biggest blessing. That’s also the biggest challenge. Your mind will feel big, expansive, open..you’ll see yourself and your possibilities in a whole new light. The challenge is that so much change is difficult for others to accept sometimes. But if you really embrace your experiences, you will bloom: either by reinventing yourself or emphasizing some part of your character which before was weak.

And the word “No” won’t be part of your vocabulary. Everything will be possible. You’ll feel confident and free enought to follow your dreams–not someone else’s!

How proud I was to say these words to my young friend, all of twenty, taking off to go around the world. How happy I am that she is going to devote that trip to doing volunteer work. How happy I am that she began reading this blog years ago at the start of my own journey and it inspired her to go on a similiar journey! She begins her trip in Guatemala, working for the same organzation I worked for and will be there two months.

Here’s to you, Diana. Good luck on your journey!

 Back on the home front, my latest adventure is that I’ve joined a support group of like minded folks who are either adopting similiar children(with developmental disabilities of some kind) or have already. Hearing their stories really helps and helps prepare me for what is to come.

How happy and amazing life is, how blessed I am, how incredible is this?! I am following a dream I didn’t even know I had two years ago.

That’s all for now. The next time I post  here, not only will this blog have a whole new look, but there will be another blog you can link onto as well that talks about all this non travel stuff!

On to the next adventure.

” I took the road less traveled, and that has made all the difference.”-Richard Bach

gigi



Tags:

373 responses to “Today’s News: I Talk to Mongol; I Set Up A New Blog; And, The Adoption Process Begins”

  1. QuickBooks has made Accountant’s life easier. QuickBooks has acted as a boon for all types of businesses whether small or medium. It helps the organizations to use the services like paychecks for employees, inventories, liabilities, Tax and much more which can help QuickBooks users to look after their businesses. It might happen that while working on QuickBooks users may face particular problems or errors which come as a barrier in front of them. QuickBooks Support provides expert accountants’ services to resolve these errors. Now, Users want to know where they can find satisfied solutions of their specific errors. To get the best answers call QuickBooks Support Phone Number: +1844-722-6675.

  2. I wish to say thank you regarding great information that directly help in choosing various concepts. The most preferable feature to get rates is lower quotes comparison process that provides the best deals for homeowner insurance coverage provided by best providers as farmers from the US.

  3. I was curious if you ever thought of changing the structure of your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or two images. Maybe you could space it out better?

  4. Hello. fantastic job. I did not anticipate this. This is a great story. Thanks!

  5. I¡¦m no longer sure where you’re getting your info, but great topic. I must spend a while studying more or figuring out more. Thank you for wonderful info I used to be searching for this information for my mission.

  6. I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this website. Reading this info So i am satisfied to exhibit that I’ve an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I needed. I so much no doubt will make certain to do not overlook this web site and give it a look on a relentless basis.

  7. auto sales says:

    What i do not understood is in truth how you’re not really much more well-appreciated than you may be right now. You’re so intelligent. You understand therefore significantly in terms of this topic, made me in my view believe it from so many numerous angles. Its like men and women are not fascinated until it is one thing to do with Lady gaga! Your individual stuffs outstanding. All the time care for it up!

  8. auto site says:

    I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an shakiness over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this hike.

  9. new business says:

    My husband and i got very lucky Michael managed to finish off his reports with the ideas he came across from your web pages. It is now and again perplexing to simply continually be offering facts that many the others may have been selling. We already know we have got the blog owner to give thanks to for this. The explanations you’ve made, the simple site navigation, the friendships you can help engender – it’s many sensational, and it’s helping our son and the family consider that that topic is amusing, which is certainly particularly indispensable. Thank you for the whole thing!

  10. auto sales says:

    There is evidently a bundle to identify about this. I think you made various good points in features also.

  11. new business says:

    Thanks for another excellent article. Where else may just anybody get that kind of information in such an ideal manner of writing? I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I am at the look for such information.

  12. Hey, you used to write excellent, but the last several posts have been kinda boring¡K I miss your super writings. Past several posts are just a little out of track! come on!

  13. automotive says:

    You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

  14. automotive says:

    Hello, you used to write fantastic, but the last several posts have been kinda boring¡K I miss your super writings. Past several posts are just a little bit out of track! come on!

  15. Some truly interesting information, well written and generally user friendly.

  16. Great post, you have pointed out some excellent details , I also believe this s a very wonderful website.

  17. friv.com says:

    One of the fairly popular game categories is the juegos friv. This friv.com, which is very common in search, is easily played by everyone. Friv is a game where you can play without downloading any add-ons and programs from your computer without paying directly with your browser.
    The structure of the Friv site is designed differently than other game sites. The categorization system in other game sites is not found on this site. Here the main page lists all the games in mixed categories.
    http://friv.red/ adventure games, intelligence games, shooting games, battle games, fighting games, car racing games, girl games, makeup games, skill games, balloon blasting games, football games, man puzzles, zombie games There are many categories to play.
    The most important of the innovations provided by Friv 2 site is that you are not required to be a member of the site in order to play the game. So you can reach these games without membership condition.If you want to play and have fun, you can visit the friv site.
    One of the most popular games in recent times is the happy wheels and slither.io game. These and other popular games await you on our site.

  18. friv says:

    Computer games are beginning to have a growing popularity among children every year. The increasingly addictive effect of computer games prompts parents to worry about the negative effects of games on children. In the friv game site, children are playing games, as well as mathematical games that will help their lessons alongside games. These games contribute to children’s intelligent development.
    It is useful to know the best-selling game throughout the history of the game before going into depth. Mario is one of the best-selling computer games and has sold over 210 million units worldwide. friv 2 mario character has been in more than 200 votes.
    Today two-thirds of the American population is playing computer games. These games first appeared in the 1970s and became a source of fun and learning for both children and adults. Nintendo, PlayStation, or Wii games can be found in categories such as action, adventure, sports, entertainment, adult and education.
    Since the design of computer games, a comprehensive research has been launched on the effects of these games on children. These studies have revealed that the games have both good and bad effects, that the children change their gameplay according to their ages and the time they spend on games. Friv games have a positive effect on people. There are also cases where computer games have a positive effect on children.
    When playing computer games, children gain problem-solving skills, learn how to work in teams, and the perception becomes clearer. It also helps short-term memory grow. Playing computer games requires faster and more accurate decisions, so that decision-making skills improve.
    Hyperactive children are in a hurry and are forced to concentrate on the work they do. They can not use their intelligence because they can not watch the lesson because they can not sit at the beginning of the book.
    Attention can be used for the treatment of computer games for anyone who has little difficulty collecting.
    It is inconvenient that the only interest of the child is a computer. But it is important for the academic success of the child to use the computer in developing the mind.Do not let children learn violence on a computer, but use your energy to discover something.
    This should not be forgotten; Domestic violence is more harmful than violence on the computer.Link http://friv.party/

  19. the best e-commerce website development company in India. We have the best eCommerce developers in India so if you are planning to hire experts based in India then you can contact us on 7835851114
    .

  20. We are the best WordPress development company in India, we provide website development services to our clients. We have a highly expert WordPress team in India so if you want to hire WordPress experts in India then you can Hire our NexGen Developers in India. We are the best WordPress website development India and the best e-commerce website development company in India. We have the best ecommerce developers in India so if you are planning to hire experts based in India then you can contact us on 7835851114

  21. if you want to hire WordPress experts in India then you can Hire our NexGen Developers in India.

  22. We are the best WordPress website development in India and the best e-commerce website development company in India.

  23. We are the best WordPress development company in India, we provide website development services to our clients.

  24. What’s the prime movie pin?
    A Prime Video PIN restricts the ability to purchase or see content on a single device. Fire TV devices, Fire Tablets, and Fire Telephones have their own Parental Control settings. Input a PIN, click Save. …

  25. Where do I locate my 5 digit Amazon pin?
    Video: Set Up Prime Video Pin

    On a PC or Mac, go to Prime Video Settings – Parental Controls. About the Prime Video app for iOS, select My Materials from the menu, then select the Settings icon.

  26. dgroyals is the best institute for digital marketing course in delhi

  27. The best digital marketing course institute in delhi and dgroyals are also provide this course..

  28. we are provide online food ready to eat online

  29. we are provide online non-veg delivery Delhi get ready to buy online salami

  30. digital marketing course in Laxmi Nagar
    Digital Marketing is growing industry as more and more organizations are looking to hire Digital Marketing professional with a proven track record in SEO, SEM, SMM, Google ads, social media and content marketing, etc. DG Royals Digital Marketing Institute in Laxmi Nagar teach the Digital Marketing from basic Level so that DG Royals is the is Best Digital Marketing Training Institute In Laxmi Nagar. Whether you are a student looking for a job, working professional, Want to start their own business, Housewives, etc can do Digital Marketing. DG Royals is only Digital Marketing Institute in Laxmi Nagar

  31. Fashion collection trends are offering some best running shoes men and women are the different types of shoes and the different branded running shoes is having the different styles and the different colors of the running shoes for women and the different styles and having the different materials are used as running shoes men women.

  32. Amazon prime to acquire usage of amazon.com/code. But , allow me to inform you about a second mindboggling offer supplied by amazon, that will be, which the subscription of amazon prime is free to get a 1-month trial basis to get its newest clients of amazon. So exactly what exactly are you waiting for? Have a look at the actions listed below to find the free subscription of amazon.com code at no cost.https://amzonmytvcode.com/

  33. Today says:

    Henry Handsom

    I found a great…

  34. Today says:

    Buy Fast Private Proxies

    I found a great…

  35. Today says:

    Asuncion Blute

    I found a great…

  36. Today says:

    Vinita Guisti

    I found a great…

  37. Today says:

    private proxies

    I found a great…

  38. Great stuff!! I really appreciate your efforts. Keep up the good work.

  39. Today says:

    Latosha Eschette

    I found a great…

  40. Today says:

    Kayleigh Shebby

    I found a great…

  41. Today says:

    Corey Corby

    I found a great…

  42. Thank you for sharing the great information with us. this blog is
    very good and informative. I have added your article to my
    favorites.
    also check UPSC Exam

  43. what is hydroxychlor used for https://plaquenilx.com/# hydroxyclorine

  44. Today says:

    Secure Proxy

    I found a great…

  45. Today says:

    The Best Proxy

    I found a great…

  46. Today says:

    Buy Anonymous Proxies

    I found a great…

  47. Today says:

    Your Private Proxy

    I found a great…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *