BootsnAll Travel Network



Today’s News: I Talk to Mongol; I Set Up A New Blog; And, The Adoption Process Begins

 A NEW BLOG IS BORN!

 I’ve been working on a brand new blog!…sorry, everyone..I’ve been a bad blogger lately.. Frankly, I have been very busy and also have been spending alot of time creating a new blog.

The reasons for this are many, mostly that this is supposed to cover only travel and has become a platform for all of my various interests and so forth since my trip. I’ve known I needed to create a new blog for quite a quite, and so finally this past week began the time consuming process of making a beautiful, readable, intersting blog which will cover alot of other topics other than travel.

So while this blog will continue on and focus exclusively on travel only, the new blog will focus on alot of other stuff: charity work in Panama and India; the Daya Dan orphanage in Calcutta; Religion and Vocation; Social Justice; that sort of thing. If you don’t want to read about those things, then I would suggest sticking with this blog only and read about crazy travel adventures!

I’ll be linking the blogs together sometime during this week, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

This blog will continue on and focus exclusively on travel journals from my trip; my travels in the coming few years in India ( for example: Dec this year, June next year); and Panama/Columbia (the trip next summer).

ALL YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE DAYA DAN ORPHANAGE! 

As far as Daya Dan news, you’ll need to go to the new blog to get that information. At the moment there are about 140 of you reading who volunteered there in the past–and I’ve recieved so much positive encouragement from writing about the kids and so on. But there will be a section in the new blog that will be exclusively about Daya Dan.

I was able to talk to Mongol (the boy whose sister died recently) at length, and I think he is doing alright. It is alot for him to take in in that environment, but I think Sisters are supporting him very well.

THE ADOPTION PROCESS TRULY BEGINS!

And for the BIGGEST news of all:  When I called the Daya Dan orphanage a few days ago, Sister Paula Marie was on her way to taking Mitune(the boy I want to adopt) to Social Services where he was to get a full physical…the new head superior approved me adopting him..these two things are HUGE and now we move into the full on let’s try to go for it!! phase of things. I talked to them about how long we thought it would take and we thought about 3 1/2 years. So, everyone, I’m starting a whole new life as of this very week! There is alot to do and organize and classes to take and so on…I feel a little crazy sometimes! This and working two jobs and getting one’s “house in order” etc.  Ther eis so much to do I must break it down into daily increments or it’s just too much to think about all at once.

Here at home, some people are for it ( I thank you all for believing in me and for your support!); others vocally protest ; while still others are obviously silent (you know who you are.) The find myself gravitating to those who support it(naturally) and avoiding those who don’t understand it . I’ve become tired of explaining the circumstances and the why and how, and now simply say, “I’m going for it.” It’s a faith thing. I just have faith it will work out the way it will, and I accept the outcome. Meanwhile, I’m going to love that boy like mad.

Thinking back (and actually reading back!to those first journal entries on this blog), I have to say that I don’t know who I am anymore. Or maybe I know who I am for the first time in my life. There is no stretching to have an identity, there is no adapting to other’s expectations: for the first time in my life, I am wholly myself. If someone would have told me this trip would lead down this path of trying to adopt a child from India, I would’ve laughed (rather nervously, I might add!) at the statement.

Someone asked me the other day, who was leaving this week to travel extensively RTW, what the biggest blessing and the biggest challenge will be.

I told her:

“You’ll change alot-or at least, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to. If there’s some part of yourself that has been unexpressed, you see it come into full expression. That’s the biggest blessing. That’s also the biggest challenge. Your mind will feel big, expansive, open..you’ll see yourself and your possibilities in a whole new light. The challenge is that so much change is difficult for others to accept sometimes. But if you really embrace your experiences, you will bloom: either by reinventing yourself or emphasizing some part of your character which before was weak.

And the word “No” won’t be part of your vocabulary. Everything will be possible. You’ll feel confident and free enought to follow your dreams–not someone else’s!

How proud I was to say these words to my young friend, all of twenty, taking off to go around the world. How happy I am that she is going to devote that trip to doing volunteer work. How happy I am that she began reading this blog years ago at the start of my own journey and it inspired her to go on a similiar journey! She begins her trip in Guatemala, working for the same organzation I worked for and will be there two months.

Here’s to you, Diana. Good luck on your journey!

 Back on the home front, my latest adventure is that I’ve joined a support group of like minded folks who are either adopting similiar children(with developmental disabilities of some kind) or have already. Hearing their stories really helps and helps prepare me for what is to come.

How happy and amazing life is, how blessed I am, how incredible is this?! I am following a dream I didn’t even know I had two years ago.

That’s all for now. The next time I post  here, not only will this blog have a whole new look, but there will be another blog you can link onto as well that talks about all this non travel stuff!

On to the next adventure.

” I took the road less traveled, and that has made all the difference.”-Richard Bach

gigi



Tags:

373 responses to “Today’s News: I Talk to Mongol; I Set Up A New Blog; And, The Adoption Process Begins”

  1. just beneath, are quite a few absolutely not connected internet sites to ours, nevertheless, they are certainly worth going over

  2. Surprisingly stimulating points that you have said, many thanks for putting up.

  3. Unbelievably interesting points you have mentioned, many thanks for adding.

  4. It is usually right time to get some options for the extended term. I’ve study this piece of writing and if I would, I desire to recommend you very few significant instruction.

  5. Business says:

    Hello there, I found your blog by means of Google at the same time as searching for a related subject, your site came up, it seems good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

  6. Real Estate says:

    Hiya, I’m really glad I’ve found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossips and net and this is actually frustrating. A good website with exciting content, that is what I need. Thanks for keeping this web-site, I’ll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can’t find it.

  7. Technology says:

    I simply couldn’t leave your web site before suggesting that I really loved the standard information a person provide to your visitors? Is gonna be back incessantly in order to check up on new posts

  8. I simply intend to advise you that I am new to online blogging and clearly loved your article. Quite possibly I am inclined to remember your blog post . You absolutely have memorable article materials. Be Grateful For it for sharing with us your very own website post

  9. hey there and thank you for your info – I have definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this web site, since I experienced to reload the web site lots of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I’m adding this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot more of your respective interesting content. Ensure that you update this again very soon..

  10. Automotive says:

    Well I sincerely enjoyed reading it. This information offered by you is very helpful for proper planning.

  11. Business says:

    You made some nice points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most individuals will approve with your blog.

  12. Good day! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having problems finding one? Thanks a lot!

  13. Tremendously significant advice you have said, thank you so much for submitting.

  14. I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Studying this information So i¡¦m satisfied to show that I’ve a very excellent uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed. I such a lot undoubtedly will make certain to do not fail to remember this web site and provides it a look regularly.

  15. Click here says:

    I’m excited to discover this web site. I wanted to thank you for ones time for this particularly wonderful read!! I definitely appreciated every little bit of it and i also have you bookmarked to check out new things on your site.

  16. I merely want to notify you that I am new to writing and clearly liked your webpage. Very possible I am prone to bookmark your blog post . You literally have magnificent article information. Get Pleasure From it for swapping with us the best web post

  17. patent idea says:

    I’ve been browsing online more than 3 hours nowadays, yet I never discovered any interesting article like yours. It’s beautiful value enough for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content as you did, the internet can be a lot more useful than ever before.

  18. pc app says:

    just beneath, are many entirely not related websites to ours, even so, they’re certainly really worth going over

  19. seo says:

    Gday here, just got familiar with your wordpress bog through Bing and yahoo, and found that it’s quite informative. I’ll appreciate should you maintain this.

  20. Genuinely useful information you have said, thank you so much for writing.

  21. hidden cam says:

    Thanks so much for the post.Really looking forward to read more. Keep writing.

  22. Every the moment inside a whilst we pick out blogs that we read. Listed beneath would be the latest internet sites that we pick out

  23. Automotive says:

    Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it’s truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

  24. Technology says:

    My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was entirely right. This post actually made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

  25. weblink says:

    Good day there, just started to be mindful of your weblog through Search engine, and discovered that it is really entertaining. I will appreciate if you continue on these.

  26. I really appreciate this post. I¡¦ve been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thanks again

  27. Really alluring advice that you have remarked, thanks a lot for posting.

  28. I have not checked in here for some time because I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are great quality so I guess I¡¦ll add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂

  29. qui says:

    Wonderful work! That is the kind of info that are supposed to be shared across the internet. Shame on the search engines for now not positioning this put up higher! Come on over and visit my website . Thanks =)

  30. Technology says:

    I think other web site proprietors should take this web site as an model, very clean and excellent user friendly style and design, let alone the content. You’re an expert in this topic!

  31. I simply intend to advise you that I am new to writing a blog and very much adored your post. Likely I am inclined to store your blog post . You certainly have fantastic article content. Delight In it for sharing with us all of your domain webpage

  32. Great post. I am facing a couple of these problems.

  33. that will be the finish of this report. Right here you will uncover some web-sites that we think you will value, just click the links over

  34. we prefer to honor quite a few other world wide web internet sites on the net, even when they aren’t linked to us, by linking to them. Below are some webpages really worth checking out

  35. Hiya there, just became familiar with your blog page through Yahoo and bing, and have found that it is truly beneficial. I’ll be grateful for if you keep up this post.

  36. next page says:

    I was very happy to find this web site. I need to to thank you for ones time for this wonderful read!! I definitely really liked every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to see new stuff on your website.

  37. The details mentioned in the article are a few of the most effective out there

  38. Thank you for nice review that really support choosing new findings. The most preferable feature to get prices is cheaper quotes comparison process which gives the cheapest deals for renter insurance policy provided from well known companies like amica located in US.

  39. useful link says:

    Genuinely alluring data that you have stated, thank you so much for setting up.

  40. QuickBooks ProAdvisor is always free for accountants. QuickBooks ProAdvisor helps you to grow your firm. It has unlimited access support. QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support, service and sales. QuickBooks has phone, chats and Hours of Operations. It has access to all software, discounts, apps, and training which help your firm to succeed. It manages your practice and access clients’ books. It gives you unlimited chat support, training to grow your expertise, support of QuickBooks Accountant experts and much more. Working on QuickBooks ProAdvisor may occur few errors or users may find it little difficult in understanding. When you find any trouble in QuickBooks ProAdvisor, We will save you. We serve 24*7 to resolve your queries or errors. Contact to QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support on +1844-722-6675.

  41. go now says:

    It’s convenient occasion to get some preparations for the extended term. I have read through this article and if I may just, I want to recommend you couple of intriguing pointers.

  42. I’m excited to discover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time due to this wonderful read!! I definitely appreciated every part of it and i also have you book-marked to see new stuff on your blog.

  43. Quite informative elements you’ll have stated, many thanks for posting.

  44. I was pretty pleased to discover this web site. I want to to thank you for ones time due to this wonderful read!! I definitely savored every part of it and i also have you saved as a favorite to see new information in your blog.

  45. I merely hope to advise you that I am new to wordpress blogging and very much loved your article. More than likely I am likely to bookmark your blog post . You simply have lovely article content. Acknowledge it for giving out with us all of your site report

  46. renovation says:

    I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I don’t know who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you are not already 😉 Cheers!

  47. Usually I don’t read article on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do so! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, quite nice post.

  48. Hey, you used to write excellent, but the last several posts have been kinda boring¡K I miss your super writings. Past few posts are just a bit out of track! come on!

  49. I simply hope to inform you that I am new to posting and certainly admired your article. Quite possibly I am probably to store your blog post . You absolutely have excellent article content. Get Pleasure From it for swapping with us your very own website page

  50. I appreciate regarding clear survey which plainly support getting unknown definitions. The best possibility to obtain quotes that is lower quotes comparison process which provides the best offers on homeowner insurance coverage provided from best agent from the United States.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *