BootsnAll Travel Network



Today’s News: I Talk to Mongol; I Set Up A New Blog; And, The Adoption Process Begins

 A NEW BLOG IS BORN!

 I’ve been working on a brand new blog!…sorry, everyone..I’ve been a bad blogger lately.. Frankly, I have been very busy and also have been spending alot of time creating a new blog.

The reasons for this are many, mostly that this is supposed to cover only travel and has become a platform for all of my various interests and so forth since my trip. I’ve known I needed to create a new blog for quite a quite, and so finally this past week began the time consuming process of making a beautiful, readable, intersting blog which will cover alot of other topics other than travel.

So while this blog will continue on and focus exclusively on travel only, the new blog will focus on alot of other stuff: charity work in Panama and India; the Daya Dan orphanage in Calcutta; Religion and Vocation; Social Justice; that sort of thing. If you don’t want to read about those things, then I would suggest sticking with this blog only and read about crazy travel adventures!

I’ll be linking the blogs together sometime during this week, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

This blog will continue on and focus exclusively on travel journals from my trip; my travels in the coming few years in India ( for example: Dec this year, June next year); and Panama/Columbia (the trip next summer).

ALL YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE DAYA DAN ORPHANAGE! 

As far as Daya Dan news, you’ll need to go to the new blog to get that information. At the moment there are about 140 of you reading who volunteered there in the past–and I’ve recieved so much positive encouragement from writing about the kids and so on. But there will be a section in the new blog that will be exclusively about Daya Dan.

I was able to talk to Mongol (the boy whose sister died recently) at length, and I think he is doing alright. It is alot for him to take in in that environment, but I think Sisters are supporting him very well.

THE ADOPTION PROCESS TRULY BEGINS!

And for the BIGGEST news of all:  When I called the Daya Dan orphanage a few days ago, Sister Paula Marie was on her way to taking Mitune(the boy I want to adopt) to Social Services where he was to get a full physical…the new head superior approved me adopting him..these two things are HUGE and now we move into the full on let’s try to go for it!! phase of things. I talked to them about how long we thought it would take and we thought about 3 1/2 years. So, everyone, I’m starting a whole new life as of this very week! There is alot to do and organize and classes to take and so on…I feel a little crazy sometimes! This and working two jobs and getting one’s “house in order” etc.  Ther eis so much to do I must break it down into daily increments or it’s just too much to think about all at once.

Here at home, some people are for it ( I thank you all for believing in me and for your support!); others vocally protest ; while still others are obviously silent (you know who you are.) The find myself gravitating to those who support it(naturally) and avoiding those who don’t understand it . I’ve become tired of explaining the circumstances and the why and how, and now simply say, “I’m going for it.” It’s a faith thing. I just have faith it will work out the way it will, and I accept the outcome. Meanwhile, I’m going to love that boy like mad.

Thinking back (and actually reading back!to those first journal entries on this blog), I have to say that I don’t know who I am anymore. Or maybe I know who I am for the first time in my life. There is no stretching to have an identity, there is no adapting to other’s expectations: for the first time in my life, I am wholly myself. If someone would have told me this trip would lead down this path of trying to adopt a child from India, I would’ve laughed (rather nervously, I might add!) at the statement.

Someone asked me the other day, who was leaving this week to travel extensively RTW, what the biggest blessing and the biggest challenge will be.

I told her:

“You’ll change alot-or at least, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to. If there’s some part of yourself that has been unexpressed, you see it come into full expression. That’s the biggest blessing. That’s also the biggest challenge. Your mind will feel big, expansive, open..you’ll see yourself and your possibilities in a whole new light. The challenge is that so much change is difficult for others to accept sometimes. But if you really embrace your experiences, you will bloom: either by reinventing yourself or emphasizing some part of your character which before was weak.

And the word “No” won’t be part of your vocabulary. Everything will be possible. You’ll feel confident and free enought to follow your dreams–not someone else’s!

How proud I was to say these words to my young friend, all of twenty, taking off to go around the world. How happy I am that she is going to devote that trip to doing volunteer work. How happy I am that she began reading this blog years ago at the start of my own journey and it inspired her to go on a similiar journey! She begins her trip in Guatemala, working for the same organzation I worked for and will be there two months.

Here’s to you, Diana. Good luck on your journey!

 Back on the home front, my latest adventure is that I’ve joined a support group of like minded folks who are either adopting similiar children(with developmental disabilities of some kind) or have already. Hearing their stories really helps and helps prepare me for what is to come.

How happy and amazing life is, how blessed I am, how incredible is this?! I am following a dream I didn’t even know I had two years ago.

That’s all for now. The next time I post  here, not only will this blog have a whole new look, but there will be another blog you can link onto as well that talks about all this non travel stuff!

On to the next adventure.

” I took the road less traveled, and that has made all the difference.”-Richard Bach

gigi



Tags:

373 responses to “Today’s News: I Talk to Mongol; I Set Up A New Blog; And, The Adoption Process Begins”

  1. michele whitnack says:

    Yea Gigi!
    Yes, go for it! I have faith in you!
    XO

  2. Javier says:

    Hello, I was in Daya Dan last summer and I am planning to go back this August.

    I had the chance to meet both Mongol and Megha.

    Do you think the sister would allow me to send him by mail some students books in English? and some color pens? and a letter saying that I am very sorry about the bad news?

    If yes, do you have their address? Do you think I should address it to sister Karina?

    Thank you in advance for your help

    Regards,

  3. gigi says:

    hello Javier!

    Hw great that yo found the blog and how equally wonderful you get to go back again this summer. How lucky.
    I will send uu the address via private email. Contact me if the informations I send you is not adequate.
    cheers,
    gigi

  4. marta says:

    Hallo gigi,
    where are you from? You have an italian name!!
    Excuse me for my bad english!!
    I was in Daya Dan last summer and I will go back this august.
    May I have your private email?? I would like to talk to you about the adoption of indian children.
    How may we find your new blog?
    Thank you very much.
    Marta

  5. Stan says:

    Namaste,

    Sr Paula-Marie needs to talk to you urgently.
    Could you call Daya Dan as soon as possible?
    She’s leaving on Thu 25/05.

    Stan

  6. Erin Varesko says:

    Thank you for every other informative blog. The place else may just I am getting that kind of information written in such a perfect means? I’ve a project that I’m just now running on, and I have been at the look out for such information.

  7. I got what you intend, thanks for putting up.Woh I am glad to find this website through google. – A wide screen just makes a bad film twice as bad. Samuel Goldwyn 1882 1974

  8. The truth is all bout. What woman says and man don’t jelous please lol, is correct above the fold. it is inspiration to me the knowledge that take from you.

  9. It is appropriate time to make some plans for the long run and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I may I want to recommend you few interesting issues or tips. Maybe you could write subsequent articles regarding this article. I want to read even more things about it!

  10. I discovered your blog web site on google and appearance a couple of your early posts. Always maintain in the really good operate. I merely extra the RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Looking for forward to reading a lot more of your stuff afterwards!…

  11. you’re in point of fact a good webmaster. The website loading pace is amazing. It sort of feels that you’re doing any distinctive trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterwork. you’ve performed a great job on this topic!

  12. Jai Shri Ram says:

    We’re a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable information to work on. You’ve done an impressive activity and our entire community shall be grateful to you.

  13. I believe what you posted made a lot of sense. However, what about this? suppose you were to create a killer title? I ain’t saying your information isn’t solid, but what if you added a title that grabbed a person’s attention? I mean Today’s News: I Talk to Mongol; I Set Up A New Blog; And, The Adoption Process Begins » TravelBlog Archive » true life planet is kinda vanilla. You should peek at Yahoo’s front page and see how they write post titles to grab viewers to click. You might try adding a video or a picture or two to get readers interested about everything’ve got to say. Just my opinion, it could bring your posts a little livelier.

  14. I just want to say I am very new to blogging and site-building and absolutely enjoyed you’re web page. Almost certainly I’m want to bookmark your blog post . You amazingly have incredible well written articles. Thanks a lot for sharing your website.

  15. my response says:

    I simply want to say I am just new to blogging and certainly loved this web page. Almost certainly I’m going to bookmark your blog post . You amazingly come with amazing well written articles. Thanks a lot for sharing with us your web site.

  16. I got what you intend, regards for posting.Woh I am lucky to find this website through google.

  17. barrage lalla takerkouste au maroc – agence du bassin hydraulique de tensift…

    barrage lalla takerkouste au maroc – agence bassin hydraulique tensift…

  18. I always was interested in this subject and stock still am, regards for putting up.

  19. Glad to be one of several visitors on this awful web site : D.

  20. What¦s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It positively useful and it has aided me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & aid different customers like its helped me. Good job.

  21. Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is important and everything. However think of if you added some great images or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips, this blog could definitely be one of the greatest in its niche. Amazing blog!

  22. Casey Spieth says:

    What i don’t realize is in reality how you’re not really a lot more neatly-preferred than you might be right now. You’re very intelligent. You realize therefore significantly in relation to this subject, produced me in my view believe it from numerous varied angles. Its like women and men are not involved until it’s one thing to do with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs nice. At all times care for it up!

  23. Absolutely pent subject matter, thanks for entropy.

  24. You really make it appear really easy together with your presentation however I to find this matter to be really something that I feel I’d never understand. It kind of feels too complex and extremely wide for me. I’m taking a look ahead on your subsequent post, I?¦ll try to get the grasp of it!

  25. Thank you for all of the effort on this web site. Ellie takes pleasure in engaging in internet research and it’s easy to understand why. We all learn all regarding the dynamic tactic you deliver efficient items via the web blog and welcome contribution from other ones on that concept while my daughter is truly understanding a great deal. Have fun with the remaining portion of the new year. You have been conducting a remarkable job.

  26. Hi my family member! I want to say that this post is amazing, nice written and include approximately all vital infos. I’d like to see more posts like this .

  27. Adventure says:

    Its such as you learn my mind! You appear to grasp a lot approximately this, like you wrote the e-book in it or something. I feel that you just could do with a few p.c. to force the message home a bit, however other than that, this is fantastic blog. A great read. I will certainly be back.

  28. here says:

    Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog loading? I’m trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.

  29. I used to be suggested this web site by means of my cousin. I’m no longer positive whether this publish is written by him as nobody else know such distinct about my trouble. You are amazing! Thanks!

  30. Thank you for some other informative website. Where else may just I am getting that type of information written in such a perfect way? I have a challenge that I’m simply now operating on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such information.

  31. Simply wanna tell that this is invaluable, Thanks for taking your time to write this.

  32. Does your site have a contact page? I’m having a tough time locating it but, I’d like to send you an e-mail. I’ve got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.

  33. nasza strona says:

    Hmm it ⅼooks like yⲟur blog ate my fіrst сomment (іt was super ⅼong) so I guess
    І’ll juѕt suum it up wҺat I hаd wrjtten and say, I’m thoroᥙghly
    enjoying your blog. Ӏ tooo am an aspiring blog blogger Ƅut ӏ’m still
    new tߋ everytɦing. Do you haνe any ρoints for inexperienced blog writers?
    I’d certainly apрreciate іt.

    Allso visit my blog post; nasza strona

  34. I will immediately snatch your rss feed as I can’t in finding your e-mail subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Please permit me recognize so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

  35. Thank you for good feedbacks that directly help in checking unexplored conclusions. The better way to choose rates that is cheaper quotes comparison process that provides the cheapest deals on auto and homeowners insurance coverage.

  36. Thanks for clear info that really help in getting new concepts and definitions for me. The most preferable way to choose rates goes cheaper process which provides the best deals on homeowners insurance provided by geico.

  37. Thank you for nice info that directly determined in checking undiscovered findings. The best route to get quotes that is free comparison tool that provides the cheapest deals for auto and home insurance from GEICO.

  38. Thank you for great review that really help in getting new findings for me. The best way to obtain rates that is cheaper comparison tool which provides the cheapest offers on home insurance policy provided by geico.

  39. good post.Never knew this, thanks for letting me know.

  40. Hi there, simply become alert to your weblog via Google, and located that it is truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful for those who proceed this in future. A lot of other people will likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

  41. I simply wanted to say thanks yet again. I do not know what I could possibly have made to happen without those strategies shared by you relating to my theme. It truly was an absolute daunting condition for me, nevertheless finding out the well-written tactic you solved the issue took me to jump with contentment. I’m thankful for your assistance and even have high hopes you realize what an amazing job you are carrying out educating other individuals all through a web site. More than likely you haven’t met any of us.

  42. Thank you for nice review that really help in getting undiscovered conclusions for me. The best route to choose quotes that is cheaper quotes comparison process which provides the best deals for auto and home insurance policy from esurance.

  43. Thank you for good feedbacks that directly determined in getting various conclusions. The most preferable way to choose quotes goes free process which gives the most wanted deals on home insurance coverage by Geico.

  44. Thanks for great information that directly determined in checking unexplored conclusions for me. The best way to get quotes is online comparison tool which provides the most wanted offers on auto and home insurance from Low cost company.

  45. Thanks for good information that really determined in checking undiscovered findings for me. The best route to get quotes that is cheap process that provides the best deals for term life insurance policy.

  46. Thank you for clear feedback that really designate getting new concepts and definitions. The best route to get rates goes cheaper process which provides the most wanted deals on auto and home insurance from high rated company.

  47. Thank you for great feedback that truthfully determined in getting unknown definitions. The better route to get rates is free quotes comparison process that provides the most wanted offers for auto and home insurance provided by State or Farm.

  48. Auto quotes says:

    Thank you for great feedbacks that really help in checking new definitions. The most preferable route to choose rates that is cheap process which provides the best deals for homeowners insurance policy provided by best companies.

  49. Google says:

    That could be the end of this article. Here youll uncover some websites that we feel you will value, just click the hyperlinks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *