BootsnAll Travel Network



The Neccessary Distraction of Planning the Next Journey

Well, the phone at Daya Dan is out of order still, so I have no more news to tell you all.

Instead, I find myself trying to distract myself fromt the situation and all of my feelings. I simply can’t manage them otherwise. Travel is the only thing that gets me out of myself and on to the next step, sometimes.

Unfortunately I can go no where at the moment, as I am tied (although pleasantly, mind you!) to dog/cat/job/house/bills/car–and , dare I say it, life in the USA.

Oh, I rant and rave about alot of the greed and ridiculousess of all of it, but at the end of the day, let’s face it: the culture that produced me, with all of my good intentions, has done some things right. I think what I love about being here is that I actually feel pretty safe, pretty comfortable. I have no harrowing stories to tell.

Unfortunately, now that I have the taste of travel –in particular, adventure travel–I can’t seem to let it go. This in spite of my sincere effort to do so these last few months. You would think that coming home with amoebas and two kinds of worms would change my mind.

Sigh. It hasn’t.

Of course, I have the tiniest travel budget ever(read=zero.) and I have the least possible amount of time ever(read=less than a week) as I am trying to be a superhero in real life and  must tell all of you, it is very expensive! Not only must I work a million billion jobs (ok, so ust one big one  and then other odds and ends) in this strange economy to make it all happen but I must also go to school fulltime to get all the neccessary slips of paper saying I am a superhero. Busy, busy, busy. Even when I need a break, I must schedule one.

Sometimes I don’t quite feel up to it. I am taking on more in my life in the present and for my future than I over thought was possible. But no one ever accomplished anything great without going to great lengths to do so, right?

One of the main perks to wanting to adopt overseas is that you must go see the child you would like to adopt pretty often. So since I am going to India already in December, I have decided to tag on a short adventure after going to the orphanage, this time, to Bihar.

As you remember I visited Bihar 3 times before and each time it got better and better. So I have decided to make more of a go of it and really , really look at it. There were many places there that were not in any guidebook and where no tourist ever went–exactly the sort of places I want to go before my life changes someday and I won’t be able to.

So other than learning Hindi , I’m tackling a little Urdu and also doing alot of research on Bihar. I went to the Buddha-tree (lovely, but once was enough) but what I really want to see are more, tiny, poor, colorful, vibrant villages. I want to drink chai on a dusty street. I want to be in palce where there is nothing but water buffalo and giggling children.

Everytime my frustration overwhelms me about the phone not working in Daya Dan, I just sit down with a cup of tea and begin plotting out my next journey–overland from Calcutta into Bihar, visiting small villages and making it to the edge of Nepal.

I hope to have some excellent adventures to post, and even though it’s months away, it helps me sleep better at night knowing that..

..my adventures are not over.

gigi



Tags:

23 responses to “The Neccessary Distraction of Planning the Next Journey”

  1. The travel bug is like that… once it bites you’ll carry it for life! 🙂 Yes, life back home IS complicated – I found the same after three years on the road. But when I think overwhelmed, I break things down into bite-sized pieces so I feel I’m actually making a dent… you’re sounding busy, but in a good way. What a life you’re building – absolutely fantastic!

  2. Annon at 8:18 EEEEeeeww !! Graphic description of a giant scab greeting all newcomers to the valley! LOL I mean is it really that bad at a distance? Maybe some new concrete work would spruce it up. It is kinda seedy in that area,, lots of cigarette smoke lingering around and fresh chewing gum wads on the sidewalk. The crosswalk right there is a death trap being right at the top of a hill (yes, a small hill) you cant see people especially the little ones until you are right up to them. Perhaps a stop light people can operate just when they need to cross. they also desparately need a flashing light coming into town from the east side. People drive like maniacs into town ,not even slowing down for pedestrians they just run em over. People have died right there at Giorgios crossing the street! Need a flashing yellow light about at the old bowling alley telling people to slow the hell down. Oh and keep the street sweeper because they clean the Ojai Ave too. Without it the streets would be filled with trash , dirt and filth, talk about welcoming people to Ojai!

  3. The majority of of the opinions on this blog page dont make sense.

  4. Yuri Lira says:

    Only wanna remark that you have a very decent internet site , I the style it actually stands out. If you have more time, please visit my site: http://hoatuoitructuyen2014.wordpress.com

  5. article says:

    I just want to say I’m all new to blogging and site-building and seriously enjoyed your website. More than likely I’m going to bookmark your website . You certainly come with great posts. With thanks for sharing your webpage.

  6. Really great blog, It is very informative for us, thanks for posting
    https://wwwnortoncomsetup.com

  7. Nice blog, you give a clear idea of the topic and I subscribed to your blog, I have some links to share here https://www.thenortonsetup.com

  8. Amazon is among the primary e commerce sites or you’ll be able to state”Tech Giant”, that spreads its firm all around the globe under the direction of the wealthiest person on the wealthiest world Jeff Bezos. It really is but one of the best fortune 100 companies depending on Forbes magazine. https://amzonmytvcode.com/

  9. It’s so hectic while doing work an error occurs Quickbooks error 1328 updating file. There are many reasons for this error. All you have to do is fix the window operating file or the Quickbooks file.

  10. Hello ! I am the one who writes posts on these topics casinocommunity I would like to write an article based on your article. When can I ask for a review?

  11. Jim says:

    Nice to see that you’re prepping for your next big trip! I’ve decided to slow down on travelling rn and gonna just explore my home state(planning to do much more hiking and camping, even picked up a bunch of gear and new boots from Run United https://rununited.com/ )! A lot less stressful and less travel time!

  12. I have the taste of travel –in particular, adventure travel–I can’t seem to let it go. This in spite of my sincere effort to do so these last few months. You would think that coming home with amoebas and two kinds of worms would change my mind.I can relate to the firsthand account of your experience that you posted. Knowing that others have experienced comparable difficulties is consoling, and your guidance is quite insightful.”

  13. Enjoy a day with a hot female body for a wonderful sensual desire.

  14. Evie says:

    What i don’t understood is in fact how you’re no longer actually much
    more smartly-preferred than you might be right now.
    You’re so intelligent. You know thus significantly in terms
    of this subject, produced me personally consider it from a lot of varied
    angles. Its like men and women don’t seem to be fascinated
    until it’s something to do with Lady gaga!
    Your individual stuffs outstanding. At all times
    deal with it up!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *