BootsnAll Travel Network



Polochic Diary:January 11th and 12th/ Monkeys, Bugs, and a Sleepless Night

On Saturday, woke up feeling worse than before, with some sort of rash, although the fever and chills seems to have disapeared for now. Trying to put on happy face and look on the bright side-whatever it is, it´s getting better, AND, we are one of the most beautiful places I´ve ever seen in my life.

It really is extraordinary here, with just so much lushness and green, so many shades of green-it´s impossible to count. The birdlife is spectacular-the toucans in particular are my favorite. I wonder what it´s like in breeding seaon here.

We decided to take longer walks today and tomarrow, and we ended up talking the dirt road thru the village and then onward into the palm plantations. The walk in the morning was about 2 1/2 hours, and then we went home and lazed about on the hammocks all afternoon. Then in the evening, did the same walk all over again-it is simply spectacular here-proabaly the most beautiful place I have ever been in my life.

Still feeling rotten, but trying to see as much of the wildlife, in particular, the monkeys, as possible.

On Sunday, we were almost out of food-although we had tried to be as prepared as possible, and I wasn´t eating that much at all. We were running low due to the extreme humidity, which rots stuff literally overnight-combined with a few hours of oppressive heat in the afternoon. We were down to some dry beans, rice, and oatmeal, a few carrots and onions-and a little instant coffee someone had left there before us. Certainly not appetizing!

After being here for two days, more than 1/2 of our food had begun to ferment. Our matches were soaking wet and of no use. We were both longing for some food in El Estor-nothing exciting-but anything would be a bit better than this blandness.

The other thing getting to us was the bugs. we both in spite of many applications of deet, had numerous bites(although I had some bites that looked different than hers-sort of red a splotchy, with the aforementioned accompanying rash). The enormous cockroaches were getting on ourr nerves-they crawled into your bed at night, so you had to check your bed before you could get into it(hard, with a flashlight). The biting ants weren´t so great either!

We finally decided to stay up all night-we´d been packing anyway, and it was late anyhow. We did end up catching an hour or so of sleep at some point, but I was pretty sick by then and I think we were both ready to return to El Estor!

gg



Tags:

9 responses to “Polochic Diary:January 11th and 12th/ Monkeys, Bugs, and a Sleepless Night”

  1. Kathy Moore says:

    I need to send you some bug spray. I love your attitude about seeing the beauty through the irritations

  2. Auteur Data says:

    An impressive share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing somewhat analysis on this. And he the truth is bought me breakfast as a result of I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I feel strongly about it and love studying extra on this topic. If doable, as you turn out to be experience, would you thoughts updating your weblog with extra particulars? It’s extremely helpful for me. Huge thumb up for this weblog submit!

  3. Simply wanna remark on few general things, The website layout is perfect, the written content is really superb : D. If you have more time, please visit my site: http://maytinhbangsecondhand2014.wordpress.com

  4. barrage lalla takerkouste au maroc – agence du bassin hydraulique de tensift…

    barrage lalla takerkouste au maroc – agence bassin hydraulique tensift…

  5. barrage lalla takerkouste au maroc – agence du bassin hydraulique de tensift…

    This is my expert…

  6. Where do I locate my 5 digit Amazon pin?
    Video: Set Up Prime Video Pin

    On a PC or Mac, go to Prime Video Settings – Parental Controls. About the Prime Video app for iOS, select My Materials from the menu, then select the Settings icon.

  7. free local asian dating site

    blog topic

  8. Breanna Moran says:

    I’m grateful for the article; I learned a lot of helpful things here. Keep writing such intelligent stuff dinosaur game

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *