BootsnAll Travel Network



Oh Happy Day: The Return of Mitune

The last time I blogged, it was about calling Daya Dan and learning that Mitune, the little boy  would like to adopt..had run away from his boarding school and was missing.

Here’s the happy update…

Mitune somehow ended up with some folks from Childline, an organization that helps children around the world. They have a three digit telephone number that any child can call at anytime to report abuse, ask for help, or whatever they need.

The sisters had already contacted Childline in the Calcutta area, but the organization is set up regionally, so since he was in another city there was no exchange of information.

He’d been with them for about a week, when they were looking at books and someone pulled a book off the bookshelf with pictures of Mother Theresa. Mitune got so excited that they finally figured out that he was one of the Missionaries of Charity kids.

He was returned on Tuesday night to Daya Dan in Calcutta.

It is being determined whether or not he will return to the school. He does not seem to like it there and he does seem very happy at Daya Dan. The sister superior will decide which place he ends up at, but from our phone conversation tonight I think he will stay at Daya Dan.

Ah, breathe. A sigh of relief. I’ve hardly slept this week, I’ve been so worried. I love that boy. The thought of him lost in the big city is..frightening. India is much different than any other place on Earth…people are desperate to make money, to live, and sometimes use children to that end(Of course, that is true all over the world..but I’ve got some pretty distinct visual memories from the streets of India and the kids being used to make money…and i don’t think I can ever forget those kids faces. )

 Thank God he is safe.

Here’s more good news: he’s got a wonderful hearing aid now and he can actually hear quite well. He can’t speak, but he can hear.

Life couldn’t get any better.

As I face all of the challenges I’ve got at home to make this happen, the world suddenly seems very intimate and small. It really could happen that he comes to live here.

When he was lost, I thought to myself, what if he never returns or is found? Then what? And I decided that if I couldn’t adopt him, I would adopt another child. And I thanked him and blessed him for allowing me to meet him and for giving me the chance to love him,.

Then to have him found…well, it’s a very, very good day today.

Thankyou for all of your prayers and good thoughts.

Tonight, celebrate with me, wherever you are in the world.

gigi

PS. Look up Childline..they are all over the world. I read about them in a book about social entrepreneurship several months ago…they are designed around the model that youth have the biggest part in their organization. They began doing all of their work by using streetkids to get the word out, and now they’ve grown to billboards all over India.

In India: http://www.childlineindia.org.in/

In the UK: http://www.childline.org.uk/



Tags:

15 responses to “Oh Happy Day: The Return of Mitune”

  1. That said, the one question I have about this poll is how was the likely voters characteristic determined?

  2. Thank for your great in infomation. Beside , I want to recommend my service to give an opportunities to invest a apartment: chung cu the golden palm

  3. make money says:

    We’re a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
    Your web site provided us with valuable info to work
    on. You’ve done an impressive job and our entire community will be thankful to you.

    Also visit my weblog: make money

  4. Amazon prime video today reaches the planet’s certainly one of this most-watched streaming stage. In 20 20 Amazon Prime video induce viewer to modify into them for their excellent shows and pictures. Also also to keep this heritage amazon prime video is presently one among the favourite platforms of these directors to establish movies and web collection. However, besides that, you’re able to learn a great number of things with the assistance of either amazon prime or people can declare that you may make use of amazon prime creatively. We begin studying many ways that could allow one to master new things together with the assistance of all amazon prime. Within the following piece, we’ll determine the way you’re able to accomplish this.https://amzonmytvcode.com/

  5. If you’re a movie enthusiast and would like to see the first-day very first series of your favourite movies and web-series afterward amazon prime video can be your own stop. You can’t just see afterward on the first-day initial show but may also see them as numerous as enough period you’d like. Thus, you can’t should attend to see pictures to invest on a theatre ticket every moment. You just have to pay for the subscription fee and you may watch your favourite movies a variety of times.https://amzonmytvcode.com/

  6. I am very impressed with your writing baccaratcommunity I couldn’t think of this, but it’s amazing! I wrote several posts similar to this one, but please come and see!

  7. Yuliaman says:

    I had no idea this was possible, but it’s brilliant! I’ve written numerous entries that are very similar to this one, so please check them out! amanda the adventurer

  8. I am very impressed with your writing 시알리스구입

  9. roknaladhaam says:

    تسريب المياة هو مشكلة شائعة تواجهها المنازل والمباني، وتتطلب التدخل السريع لتجنب حدوث أضرار جسيمة. تعمل شركات تسريب المياة على توفير خدمات الكشف عن التسريبات وإصلاحها بشكل فعال.عند التعامل مع تسريب المياة، تقدم هذه الشركات فرقًا متخصصة ومجهزة بأدوات وتقنيات متقدمة لتحديد مصدر التسريب. يتم استخدام أجهزة الاختبار والكشف الحديثة مثل كاميرات الحرارة وأجهزة الصوت لتحديد النقاط التي يتسرب منها الماء.بعد تحديد مصدر التسريب، تقوم هذه الشركات بإصلاحه بطرق متخصصة. قد يشمل ذلك إصلاح الأنابيب المكسورة أو الصمامات المتهرئة أو إعادة تركيب الأجزاء التالفة. يعتمد نهج الإصلاح على حجم ونوع التسريب ومكانه.تعمل شركات تسريب المياة على تقديم خدمات إصلاح شاملة للتأكد من عدم عودة التسريب في المستقبل. يمكن أن تشمل هذه الخدمات تركيب عوازل مائية، وإجراء فحص دوري للأنابيب، وتوفير توصيات للحفاظ على نظام المياه بصحة جيدة.باختصار، شركات تسريب المياة توفر خدمات فعالة ومتخصصة للكشف عن التسريبات وإصلاحها في المنازل والمباني. تعمل هذه الشركات على حل المشكلات بسرعة وفعالية للحفاظ على سلامة الممتلكات وتقليل الأضرار الناجمة عن التسريبات المائية.

    شركة تسريب المياة

  10. I like what you posted. I’ve read a lot of books that are similar! In contrast to other writings, yours really made an impact on me. It’s great that you write thoughtful posts like this one. Please keep them coming! five nights at freddy’s

  11. Madeline says:

    With our assistance, you will be able to locate the appropriate term or phrase in no time. So do not wait any longer; utilize our tutorial to discover the wordle answer today immediately!

  12. orabelle hana says:

    Truly a happy day flagle

  13. liza memozi says:

    You can have hours of tasty fun with redactle game, whether you’re an experienced puzzle fan or just looking for some light entertainment.

  14. Finee way of describing, and fastidious post to obtain data on tthe topic of my
    presentatin focus, whhich i am going to present
    in college.

    Feel free to surrf to my website; random number generator wheel

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *