BootsnAll Travel Network



Nothing I Can Do

In the last entry, I wrote that Megha, a young developmentally disabled girl who I met and became close to while working at Daya Dan, had died..leaving behind her brother , who also lives there.

I tried to call  Daya Dan many times, but it turns out the phone line is broken. Who knows when it will be fixed.

Such are the daily frustrations of life in India. People there deal with many problems every day which here would be solved in an hour or two but there take forever to resolve. Efficiency is not a priority and would be impossible.

I hardly slept last night. I spent part of the night talikng to a close friend, telling him that I am continually incredulous how deeply attached I am to the kids there and how sad I am that there is little I can do for them from all the way over here. I just never thought that I would grow so much in love and compassion.

It is very humbling.

I went into my coffeeshop this morning and almost began to cry. The world I am in seems very far away from where my thoughts are this morning.

Later on in the morning, I went to a local newstand and discovered that the owner had been reading my blog for years! And everything she said was so supportive and lovely. It really grounded me in the midst of what sometmes feels like treading water and at other times feels like I’m on the mountaintop.

For those of you I contacted that knew the little girl, I will try to find out thru various other sources what Mongol’s state of mind is. I’ll keep you posted.

In the meantime, pray.

And for Megha, where ever you are, you made a huge difference in my life. Thankyou.

gigi



Tags:

16 responses to “Nothing I Can Do”

  1. MikeIm sooo thankful I live in MA and you dont. You need a reality check. The race being so close is proof enough for this pitiful TOTUS. I live here and the ads aand local news shows all shows such excitement for Scott Brown. Hes a breath of fresh air.

  2. I simply want to say I’m new to blogging and seriously liked you’re page. Most likely I’m want to bookmark your site . You amazingly come with terrific stories. Many thanks for revealing your web page.

  3. Hey, I enjoy reading through your posts. I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

  4. Nice blog, you give a clear idea of the topic and I subscribed to your blog, I have some links to share here https://www.thenortonsetup.com .

  5. Really great blog, It is very informative for us, thanks for posting
    https://wwwnortoncomsetup.com

  6. This is an informative blog. Keep it up. I am looking forward to this kind of blog. Thanks for sharing it with us https://www.avg-retail.com/

  7. Amazon is among the primary e commerce sites or you’ll be able to state”Tech Giant”, that spreads its firm all around the globe under the direction of the wealthiest person on the wealthiest world Jeff Bezos. It really is but one of the best fortune 100 companies depending on Forbes magazine. https://amzonmytvcode.com/

  8. safetoto says:

    I have been looking for articles on these topics for a long time. safetoto I don’t know how grateful you are for posting on this topic. Thank you for the numerous articles on this site, I will subscribe to those links in my bookmarks and visit them often. Have a nice day

  9. casinosite says:

    Your article has answered the question I was wondering about! I would like to write a thesis on this subject, but I would like you to give your opinion once 😀 casinosite

  10. Such are the daily difficulties of Indian living. People there deal with many problems every day that might be solved in an hour or two here but take ages to solve there. Efficiency is not a priority and is impossible to achieve. Thank you for sharing your knowledge! Keep up the good job! Continue to spread the word. Please take a peek at my website.

  11. bet168 says:

    Access to bet168, an online betting website owned by the UFABET casino system. While many online betting websites often go through agents or have intermediaries, PG SLOT is one such example of a platform with agents involved in creating a real UFABET experience

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *