BootsnAll Travel Network



Falling In Love With Coming Home and Realizing the Adventure Isn’t Over!

Everyone is asking me, “What’s it like to be back in America, to be home?”

All I can say is that I am falling in love with being here. I just appreciate everything so much more–the clean air, the clean streets, hot water, showers, flushing toilets…it’s like everyhting is wonderful and new.

I have a lovely place to stay, on the edge of an orchard, and everyday I take my dog for a long walk along a local creek.

It’s just pure bliss, to be able to see family and friends and drive a car and use a phone and make decisions about what I get to eat(there’s more than rice and curry here!) and how to spend my day.

I feel so lucky.

This general feeling overrides the tough days, the days when I feel sad about some things that are gone and lost from my life.

One day I decided to “just have a bad day” as I’ve had alot to process in such a short time and it’s been a little–well–overwhelming.

But it was so beautiful where I live–so green, so lush, so epaceful, so quiet, that it quieted even my mind and I felt so positive about everything.

How can I not? I just came from what is one of the dirtiest, most poverty stricken places on Earth.

I literally feel like I’m falling in love with everything.

How lucky we are, how blessed we are, that we have this amazing part of the planet to live on and so many good things happening for us.

For me, so much good has happened since I returned that it has completely eclipsed the bad and ugly moments and taken it all and tunred into something new, beautiful, and exciting.

So many wonderful people have helped me settle in to life here and have made getting up in the morning a real joy.

I feel grateful, gracious, and happy.

Life is moving along and even though there are tough moments, I’ll be fine. Better than fine. Life goes on and it’s apparent to me that the adventure I’ve been on the last 18 months isn’t over.

It probably never will be.

Going on this trip has given me alot more confidence to set limits and expand those limits at the same time, so the kinds of things that I am considering doing with my life at this moment are all things that require a willingness to take on adventure and to be risk-taker.

I find myself more willing..if not even drawn to..thinking outside of the box and thinking about my life in a completely new and creative way.

And I’m content with that.

Contentment. That’s not something I would have thought I would be experiencing right now, if you’d asked me 3 days ago.

But the truth is, if you’re happy with yourself, know yourself, and know where you’re going, the rest of life falls into place and you can just relax and live in the present.

I feel like one of the luckiest women on Earth. If I hadn’t taken this trip, I might have never discovered who I was or what I wanted.

Be content.

gigi



Tags:

18 responses to “Falling In Love With Coming Home and Realizing the Adventure Isn’t Over!”

  1. Gigi – there’s only one thing I can say – you have the greatest spirit I’ve ever seen!

  2. kfc deals says:

    This was a useful submit and that i imagine its instead easy to see belonging to the different reviews at the same time that this submit is well printed and useful. Support the wonderful give good results.

  3. Generally I do not post on weblogs, however Id like to express that this post actually forced me to do so! really nice post.

  4. Nice writing style. I look forward to reading more at some point.

  5. I cling on to listening to the news bulletin lecture about receiving boundless online grant applications so I have been looking around for the finest site to get one. Could you tell me please, where could i find some?

  6. But my thinking is that the human foot is capable of running long distances on dirt, etc. but Im not sure if thats the case of running on concerte or asphalt? I think concrete is something like 10x harder than dirt.

  7. OKBet says:

    nice blog! its interesting. thank you for sharing.
    The Basics of Betting on Football

  8. slope game says:

    Therefore, it is advisable to maintain the desired distance from the target, necessitating the enhancement of one’s statistics in order to improve accuracy.

  9. The high-quality 3D graphics and vivid sound of Drift Hunters will bring you an extremely vivid and engaging experience.

  10. priscillawheuer says:

    HQD Vapes revolutionize your vaping journey with cutting-edge technology and a diverse range of flavors. Elevate your satisfaction with sleek designs, ensuring a delightful and convenient vaping experience for enthusiasts.

  11. Tüp Mide says:

    This is a really great site. Thank you for your sharing.

  12. This is a really great site. Thank you for your sharing. Thank you for the opportunity to share useful information.

  13. Çocuk Grubu says:

    Hello, This subject very interesting. thanks for helpfull writing. this article very important and true.
    thanks for helpfull writing. this article very important and true.

  14. Yeni Medya says:

    Thank you for information, great post.

  15. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles.

  16. تقدم شركة كايرو هايتس مجموعة من أكبر المشروعات السكنية المتميزة وشقق للبيع بالقاهرة الجديدة والتجمع الخامس والعديد من الوحدات السكنية الراقية بعقارات بيت الوطن والتى تتميز بالخصوصية والهدوء والإطلالة الفريدة على حدائق ومساحات خضراء.
    تختار كايرو هايتس بالقاهرة الجديدة مشروعاتها بعناية وبمواقع استراتيجية بحيث تكون قريبة من مناطق الخدمات والمراكز الترفيهية وأشهر النوادى والمؤسسات التعليمية الهامة.

    عقارات للبيع فى بيت الوطن بالتقسيط

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *