BootsnAll Travel Network



Camino de Santiago No 19:Update: Slowing Down-Way Down!

A short,  basic update: 

I´ve made as far as Arzua, and am basically taking a rest day before the big day tomarrow of  18.5 kilometers to Pedrouzo. …(Well, at this point, that is a big day for me!

My ankles are not happy, the tendonitis in the right leg is worse, and the ankle that was sprained is still suffering. The good news is that since my stuff was stolen, my bag is a lot lighter, so that is helping alot!

So I´m slowing down today, and I only walked a mere 3 kilometers!

However, I am somewhat glad, as everyone seems to be trying to make it to Santiago on Sunday..and I won´t be there until Monday!

I´ve spent the last week or so just thinking and walking and enjoying what is the end of a spectacular experience.

There are many , many other people that are injured and are doing the same. We are all just taking our time and eating bread and cheese and drinking lots of coffee at sidewalk cafes. You´d think we would be feeling sorry for ourselves-but instead, everyone is making the best of it and learning something from their injuries. It´s a very pleasant group of people that keep crossing my path, and I feel glad to be injured and have the chance to not rush and actually get to know some people walking along with me.

I´ve also been thinking alot about what is coming up for me:

I´ll be meeting my boyfriend in Madrid to look at art and the sights on the 19th of June, and then we´ll be looking at the Alhambra down South. Then (and I´m very excited about this!) we´re going to go to Morocco for a bit, and then head back up into Spain for Barcelona, to spend a few days with Gaudi. As I am a mosaic artist, I´m really excited to go to many of these destinations!

From Barcelona, I´ll be flying to England, where my journey returns to being one of volunteering: I´ll be at the TaraCentre, a Buddhist retreat center in Etwall, Derbyshire,England. I´ll be volunteering there, doing…whatever they want me to do…until the end of August. I hope to learn the practice of meditation while I am there as well.

The Taracentre website is http://www.taracentre.org.uk/meditation_etwall.shtml

They practice a type of Buddhism called Kadampa Buddhism.

So, hasta luego until Santiago! Until then, just taking it slow and easy…

gigi



Tags:

3 responses to “Camino de Santiago No 19:Update: Slowing Down-Way Down!”

  1. Ismael Salz says:

    One thing I’d really like to say is before purchasing more computer memory, look at the machine in to which it could be installed. Should the machine is definitely running Windows XP, for instance, the memory limit is 3.25GB. The installation of in excess of this would purely constitute some sort of waste. Make sure that one’s mother board can handle the actual upgrade quantity, as well. Thanks for your blog post.

  2. Howdy, I do enjoy reading all of your articles. I had to to write a little comment to support you.

  3. okbet says:

    Great article this is really informative and innovative
    Online Sabong Philippines

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *