BootsnAll Travel Network



Camino de Santiago No 18: Ferreiros to Portomarin

This will be the shortest entry I have ever written, mostly because I am almost out of money and have already written three…

The Camino has changed….I was abit nervous to skip ahead to the last 100 kilometers, thinking I would be walking with more of the same sort of people(walking 45 kilometers in a day, and so on) and I was told by some that I was ¨cheating¨!

However, when I arrived in Ferreiros… I was most pleasantly surprised…the other people walking along with me are eithe (a) just starting out, and only walking 100 kilometers, or (b) exhausted from walking for weeks on end, and so have mellowed out, or (c) skipped ahead as I did because they are injured.

The number of people who are very injured and so are moving along at a snail´s pace has increased dramatically. So, I am in excellent company.

For me, the Meseta part of the Camino was the best part for thinking, for musing, for figuring out my way in life-but this last leg is so beautiful, so lush, so green, so..breathtakingly beautiful,  that to me it is the best part to take slowly and enjoy.

In fact, I am quite happy to be injured and limping my way along thru what has to be one of the most beautiful places I´ve ever been in my entire life.

So, enjoying myself immensely..and probably no more entries until Santiago itself!

gigi



Tags:

11 responses to “Camino de Santiago No 18: Ferreiros to Portomarin”

  1. Jane says:

    Hi gigi, I have been reading your blog and found it a wonderful inspiration for my own camino in September. Good luck with the final stages and thank you for sharing your journey with us. buen camino, Jane

  2. Thanks so much Jane,
    I am honored that there are many Camino sites out there that have people reading this blog..and many people who have done or plan on doin gthe Camino reading as well….
    Thanks for reading, and wishing you a wonderful adventure on your Camino.
    love, gigi

  3. ketones says:

    Keep up the excellent work, I read few posts on this website and I think that your weblog is very interesting and has got circles of wonderful information.

  4. I do trust all the concepts you have presented to your post. They’re really convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are too brief for novices. May just you please prolong them a bit from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

  5. click here says:

    Very good article. I certainly appreciate this website. Keep it up!

  6. maxwellEi says:

    I apologise, I too would like to express the opinion.
    maxwellEi

  7. Jona says:

    I amm sude ths piecee oof writihg hass toouched alll the internet users, its really rreally pleasnt post onn buiilding
    up nnew web site. I’ll immefiately clutch yokur rsss as I can’t in finnding your emaikl subscrtiption hgperlink orr e-newsletter service.
    Do you’ve any? Pease pertmit mme recogniize sso thwt I may justt subscribe.
    Thanks. I wiol immediately grap yoir rrss feeed ass I can’t to fiind ypur
    enail subscription link orr e-newsletter service. Do you’ve
    any? Kindly allo mme understand soo tyat I may
    jusdt subscribe. Thanks. http://foxnews.org

  8. Google says:

    Just beneath, are quite a few completely not connected web pages to ours, however, they may be certainly worth going over.

  9. okbet says:

    Great quality content you have shared with us I appreciate the way you are working. Keep it up.!
    Online Sabong in the Philippines

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *