BootsnAll Travel Network



A Miracle

It’s really been hitting me over the last few days that I’m about to actually do this incredible journey around the world. Actually, it’s exciting to go around the world; but it’s thrilling to do it alone and with the purpose I have in mind,that of service to others.

The whole idea of devoting one’s life to the service of others has really appealed to me in the last few years.
Making it a reality-something to live and breathe for is a completely different experience than what I thought it would be.

I thought it would be more difficult to give things up, but actually it’s been pretty straightforward. It has simplified so many areas of my life that previous to this were a bit untidy. It’s given me tremendous focus, whereas before I felt scattered.

One of the main tasks I’ve been doing over the last few weeks is going thru all of my things and giving it all away except for about 10 boxes or so. I’m not doing this because I want to be a travelling nomad for the rest of my life, but more to really embrace letting go, and to really be free to be in the service of other people in the world. I still have quite a bit to go, including my art studio, but I should be done by the end of this next week.
Strangely, I think having less things to worry about storing, etc, makes the idea of my trip easier and simpler. I think it will give me the ability to simply be present to where I am, without worrying too much about who I’ve been. I can be myself without attachment-and more free to choose attachment,too.

There is also a tremendous spiritual aspect to my trip that as the time nears to leave becomes more clear to me. It feels almost as though there is a real peacefulness in my soul, a calmness, a restfulness. I’ve had this feeling before, but, it was always fleeting. It seems more settled,real,solid. I see that although the volunteer work in itself is a spiritual act, that the journey itself will be one long spiritual pilgrimage.

I feel very grateful and gracious to a world that is so wide open to me that I can go out into it and be astonished by what I see and experience. This is such an amazing miracle.

I’ve also been thinking a lot about women travelers in history-what it was like for them, that moment that they decided to go see the world. There are so many wonderful adventurous women in history that travelled to places off the beaten path.
I just keep thinking about how tremendous this is, that they took the risks they did, to experience life differently than their peers. It will be so wonderful when I’m not just reading Freya Stark(or whoever!) but am being an adventuress myself.
Tonight, I’m just amazed I’m going. I’m breathless with excitement.



Tags:

5 responses to “A Miracle”

  1. Guru says:

    Started following your blog today. I am, or will be soon, in a similar series of preparation stages, and hope to learn from your experience.

    As for the worries occasionally expressed, the uncertainties go away once you hit the road!

    Good luck.

  2. Great site. A lot of useful information here. I am sending it to some buddies ans also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thank you for your effort!

  3. This website is truly a walk-through rather than the knowledge you wanted relating to this coupled with decided not to know which might. Looks proper, and you can clearly come across that it.

  4. I will immediately take hold of your rss as I can not to find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly let me recognize so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

  5. okbet says:

    You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information.
    sportsbook provider

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *