BootsnAll Travel Network



My Very First Post

Hi, and welcome to my travel blog about my solo adventure around the world.

This blog will talk about everything from my packing list to where I’m going and what I’m doing.

My goal is to use this blog to communicate with friends,family, and people I meet along the way-but also to serve as a active journal of my travels.

It’s somewhat difficult to write the very first entry,as I have the sense that I will read it later and wish I said things differently,or better-but here goes. I’m going to try to keep the language simple and entertaining,and not worry too much about the words themselves.

So, why around the world?

Well,I started thinking about travel when I was in high school. I planned trips out in my head,down to the last detail,but somehow they never came into fruition. In retrospect,I can see the advantage to this, because now I’m taking the journey of a lifetime-the perfect trip for me and who I am. In the past, my fantasy trips were more about meeting other’s expectations, not about meeting my own. This trip is all about being true to myself and what is important to me-and i’m able to do it because of the tremendous support I have recieved from everyone. Thankyou!

So,what are my expectations of this trip?
My foremost objective is to do it!

Other than that:
1. travel solo as a woman
2. travel inexpensively
3. do volunteer work/be of service as often as the possibility arises
4. grow spiritually
5. have some amazing experiences in some of the most beautiful places in the world

Here is my itinerary.WARNING:this may change!Places may be added or subtracted…as I go.
USA-Guatemala-El Salvador-Nicaragua-Costa Rica-Panama-Venezuela-Portugual-Spain-England-Liberia,Africa-England-Greece-Turkey-Kenya-Tanzania-Uganda-kenya-India-Thailand-Laos-Vietnam-Cambodia-Malaysia-Australia-New Zealand-misc islands in Oceania-Hawaii.
I probably will add China, Brunei,Indonesia. I may take off tanzania,Uganda,Kenya if i want to stay in Liberia longer.
I hope to add Georgia,Jordan,Israel.

What’s it like right now?
What I am experiencing right now is excitement. I have had some fears over last few days(will I lose my passport?Will I get robbed?Worse?) However, mostly it’s been a really positive experience. I know that I will be able to grow and experience life in a whole new way, and I’m really looking forward to it.

The other thing I am doing right now is getting rid of almost everything I own…just trying to let go of most of my material possessions and keep it simple. I have discovered that doing this makes the prospect of travelling for a long period easier. I really enjoy things,but I don’t want them to be the center of my world. Letting go of material things has been absolutely liberating.

Other than that,I’m running around doing paperwork,getting vaccinated,and dealing with red tape(already?!) This is taking up alot of my free time.
The next post will give details about the volunteer work I’m doing as I go- everything from orphanages to elephants. Gigi



Tags:

15 responses to “My Very First Post”

  1. Butterflug says:

    I take my hat off to you. I am sure your life will be enhanced for the better for taking this big step to break out of the conventional expectations that people have on how one should spend their life. I have just left my job to go traveling too – not solo and not round the world. I have traveled to many places in the past but not for long periods, my need was to travel slowly and spend more time in fewer locations for about a year or so – so like you I have just started my blog and had that same trepidation writing the first one, the title of your blog caught me eye. Happy travels -I’ll be watching your blog.

  2. admin says:

    Thanks,butterflug.
    Yes, It’s pretty intimidating, with lots of people reading about my life-and correcting my writing style!-that I don’t even know.
    Where are you now and where are you going? That sounds great to travel slow-my trip at first was 8 months long. I don’t know what I was thinking!
    Let me know where you are-gigi

  3. Excellent weblog here! Additionally your site a lot up fast! What web host are you the usage of? Can I get your associate link on your host? I desire my website loaded up as fast as yours lol

  4. heh wew, hnds down coolest article i’ve ever read.

  5. Saul Riehl says:

    Good day very cool site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Superb .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds additionally…I’m satisfied to seek out a lot of useful info right here within the put up, we’d like develop more techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

  6. Hey there, I do enjoy reading all of your posts. I had to to write a little comment to support you.

  7. Where do I locate my 5 digit Amazon pin?
    Video: Set Up Prime Video Pin

    On a PC or Mac, go to Prime Video Settings – Parental Controls. About the Prime Video app for iOS, select My Materials from the menu, then select the Settings icon.

  8. okbet says:

    I Like!! Really appreciate you sharing this blog post.Really thank you! Keep writing.
    online gambling in the philippines

  9. okbet says:

    Thanks for sharing with us this important Content. I feel strongly about it and really enjoyed learning more about this topic.
    Okbet Sportsbook Ph

  10. lamsahakhera says:

    شركة تنظيف الشقق هي شركة متخصصة في تقديم خدمات التنظيف والصيانة للشقق السكنية. تهدف هذه الشركات إلى توفير بيئة نظيفة وصحية للسكان والمستأجرين.تشمل خدمات شركة تنظيف الشقق تنظيف الأرضيات والسجاد، وتنظيف النوافذ والستائر، وتنظيف الحمامات والمطابخ، وتنظيف الأثاث والتنظيف العام للمساحات المشتركة مثل القاعات والممرات.تستخدم شركات تنظيف الشقق أجهزة ومعدات متخصصة لضمان جودة الخدمة وفعاليتها. قد تشمل هذه الأجهزة مكانس كهربائية، ومكابس بخارية، ومعدات لتنظيف الزجاج، ومواد تنظيف متخصصة وصديقة للبيئة.يعمل فريق العمل في شركة تنظيف الشقق على تقديم خدمات محترفة وفقًا للمعايير الصحية والجودة. يتم تدريب الموظفين على تقنيات التنظيف الفعالة واستخدام المواد الكيميائية بشكل آمن.تعتمد تكلفة خدمات شركة تنظيف الشقق على حجم وحالة الشقة ونطاق الخدمات المطلوبة. يتم تحديد الأسعار عادة بناءً على عدد الغرف والحمامات والمساحة الإجمالية للشقة.باستخدام خدمات شركة تنظيف الشقق، يمكن للمستأجرين الاستمتاع ببيئة نظيفة ومريحة داخل شقتهم دون الحاجة إلى القلق بشأن التنظيف والصيانة. يوصى بالاستعانة بشركة ذات سمعة جيدة وتقييمات إيجابية لضمان تقديم خدمة موثوقة ومهنية.

    شركة تنظيف فلل

  11. Fantastic read! I resonate with the points you made. Looking forward to more great content! what constitutes reckless driving in virginia

  12. alicebobby says:

    Wonderful book! I agree with all you said. Anticipating more fantastic content! retro bowl college

  13. nuru massage says:

    Many people hate the huge traffic of the city so bella offers female to male spa in bangalore

  14. Visit b2b massage near me to promote complete relaxation, two therapists perform carefully organized, repetitive movements. To calm the senses and nurture the skin, indulge in a full-body massage, reflexology, and dreamy scalp massage with scented oils.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *