BootsnAll Travel Network



Hello Sunshine Coast Australia!

Star date 15th Feb, galaxy in and around the world, Brisbane landing 6.45am. No sleep but lovely food and wine -impressed with Quantas airlines! Changi airport is amazing in Singapore. So civilsed and easy to find except for stamps and postbox! Can’t really complain after fiasco getting taxi at hotel who had told me i needed an SAM machine at Lavender Station to get the one stamp I needed to post a card to Jude et al. Taxi said he’d wait for me but didn’t say i had to go into shopping precinct, down under subway under (across) the road to the machine in the station. Found machine and to cut a long story story short, it didn’t take cash or my debit card so i had to abhort my mission and grumpily

get back into taxi saying that was a waste of time and money – meter still running. Off to airport and passed the beautiful borgonvilia in the middle of the motorway. Flight was on time, food (veg curry and dahl with rice, garlic bread and choc/walnut brownie and a small bottle of sauvignon blanc X 2). Watched ‘Amelie’ and just over half of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon – been meaning to watch it for years. Hopefully catch end on way to Christchurch. Farce at the airport mislaying my identification ticket which led me to risky traveller line with sniffer dogs – remembered i had apple in my bag from breakfast so told guy who said i had not declared it on my form. No i said i had forgotten i had it. Do you want i say, thinking i gad very nearly missed my bus to Sunshine Coast. No he said after dog had passed me by but please come over here and show me the apple It was a bruised granny smith. Is this it he said. Yes i said. I will have to confiscate it. Fair enough i say hoping to hot foot it to my bus. Alas alack i had missed my bus by 10 mins and they had put me on the next bus in an hour. Ok, tea me thinks. It was about a 50 min drive up to Caroline and Julee’s but the bus dropped me at the door. I was greeted by Caroline closely followed by Freddie and Batman their 2 terriers. Yorkshire tea was the answer! . We chatted a while and then i had a shower and crashed out on the bed until around 5pm. We went out to the Surf Club for dinner by the sea. Fab. Home early and to bed so that we could get up early tom. Very hot. Good to be here!



Tags:

Leave a Reply