BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 4 down under

Slow start due to a bad night. Can only put it down to the two small bottles of beer i had last night. Despite drinking gallons of water at 35 degrees alchohol does not go down well. I got up at 8 and cancelled my early morning walk with Caroline. Had a cup of tea, 2 glasses of water and painkillers. Went back to sleep until 11.55. The angel that is Caroline had booked a sunset cruise and suggested we had fish and chips to take on. We went to buy me some ‘aussie soles’ – flip flops extrodinaire and then went to the look out spot at Coolam beach. Yes! Another beautiful beach! We went for a cuppa, bought postcards and a Coolum Beach t-shirt and then went home for quick break before going on our cruise down the Noosa river. We parked up by a large plastic pelican and as we had half an hour to spare we went to the Boathouse for another of those lovely noosa river slings. Luckily the Boathouse have a take away fish & chip place so we ordered and dashed onto the cruiser with them. Other people took wine and the captain had ice buckets and glasses available but we took fish and chips! Must say they were nearly as good as Greenfield chippy in Colwyn Bay! The cruise itself took just under 2 hours with a rainstorm as the sun went down leaving an orange sky over the glasshouse mountains. The rain stopped and the captain suggested we went up on top deck in the breeze for the rest of the trip home. We had our own light show with lightening flashing every few seconds. I caught some lightening while taking the sunset – amazing! This has only happened twice in last 18 months and there it was for me! I feel so blessed being here. The days are going too quickly. I’ve threatened C&J that i might move in next year! Working on the downloading of photos and could be solved soon if the wind is in the right direction. I have put some on facebook ok. Technology eh?!



Tags:

Leave a Reply