BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 10 Goodbye Vietnam hello Cambodia!

We had a relatively easy day with a 45 minute flight which flew by as we completed all the forms ready for entry into Cambodia or Kampuchea as the locals still like to think of it. We had the photo, $30 and the forms. We handed the forms to immigration for a visa along with our passports. We had given one form to a man which related to ebola. I didn’t mention my cold as knew it was air conditioning and heat etc. Then we moved to another queue where we waited for our names to be called and then paid our $30. Bobs your uncle off we go! We went on a city tour and then were deposited at the hotel. I had a dreadful time as my room wasn’t quite ready. SO i had to test the 4 beers they produce in the hotel micro brewery! Blooming nuisanxe but someone has to do it! Bit like i remember in Vancouver where they give you a small glass of each to sample. I have to report all were delightful! I got up to my palatial room with a kitchen area, dressing room, bathroom and bedroom/sitting room which is enormous. I was tempted just to collapse on the bed but got myself together and went on a river cruise with meal for $20 – about £14 for 4 courses. Only ruined by some french people doing the karioke in English in the middle of the 45 minute cruise! I returned to my room ans collapsed in a heap! Hence my late posting! We had a wake up call at 7 so no rest for the wicked. The hotel Himawari is by the Tonle Sap river and there is wonderful breeze which can be a problem for the hotel staff who try to keep tablecloths on! Going for shower now after our 32° day!



Tags:

Leave a Reply