BootsnAll Travel Network



Cusco July 19th

Today we got up actually on time enough to have more options for breakfast at 9 a.m. It was good to feel refreshed truly. The only things that´s driving me nuts is a series of mosquito or some such bug that I ended up with after sitting in the grass at Macchu Picchu on our free time the other day. I have tons of bites on my legs, and the strange thing is that I didn´t even feel the bites when they occured like you often can with mosquitos!

Today we just wandered the streets. Paula wanted to get a few souveniers, and we ate lunch at an upstairs cafe on the street of our hotel. We even happened upon a St. Peter´s church in town, and walked in to see it, only to realize there was a wedding going on ! Now that´s a first, I´ve never walked in on a wedding! No one seemed to notice us lurking in the back of the church, but it was sort of neat to witness a wedding in Spanish. We only stayed for about ten minutes before wandering up the street to other shops etc.

About two thirty I think our beer we shared at lunch and just the unscheduled day got to me, and while Paula went to relax in the sun outside, I got warm and cozy in my bed here at the hotel for an hour nap. This building is amazingly cold, so you almost feel you are hibernating under the many covers on the bed when you rest! Such is life in Cusco… varied temperatures through the day and evenings.

Tomorrow we head for the airport in Cusco for our flight to Lima. Paula then leaves for Belgium at about five. I don´t take off for San Francisco until eleven thirty or so… getting to Texas by six a.m. or so… then to San Francisco by nine or ten. Something like that. Sure thing, it´s all on my ticket confirmation upstairs. I´m looking forward to returning home and sharing stories again. Viewing my photos without worrying about my battery energy remaining.

This has been the most amazing trip… I am so glad that I got the opportunity to go!

I hope to add pictures once I get home… so check in later to see some!



Tags:

Leave a Reply