BootsnAll Travel Network



Aguas Calientes and saying goodbye

img_1155.JPGimg_1149.JPGimg_1137.JPGGosh, sorry, I think the date was July 17th when we ended our trek. I´m losing track of time now. After we´d celebrated in Aguas Calientes, the next morning it was time to explore Macchu Picchu with a guided tour from Carlos. It is truly great to have his expertise on all the tradition and history of this place (as you can probably guess based on this statement, he is from Incan descent). He talked about the connections between how organized the Inca society was in order to build and manage this site as well as other ruins we had seen. And how their agiricultural abilities were so impressive for the time. It was a wonderful couple hour tour of us walking through the ruins that we had admired from above yesterday. We had free time for a while to explore on our own. Many of us decided to leave and head back to our meeting spot in Aguas Calientes, where we would eat a late lunch and then take the train back to Cusco.

The train ride back to Cusco was about three hours on the backpackers train. (we had too much stuff to go on the regular train). It was good to visit with people for a little while longer before saying goodbye in Cusco. After we got off the train we took our tour bus back to the main square or Plaza de Armas in Cusco. With hugs of goodbye, and ¨see you´s¨we all boarded taxis to get back to our specific hotels.

Was it ever good to sleep in a bed again! And, have a real shower!  Hooray!



Tags:

Leave a Reply