BootsnAll Travel Network



Chang Mai – Tour

buddha on the mountain

trying to travel cheaply, i have resisted most of the tours on offer in Chang Mai.  however that means i have missed out on much that this city (of 2 million people !) has to offer.  have based myself in the ‘old city’ surrounded by the moat and have enjoyed the markets and temples within this area.  but many attractions lie outside the city of Chang Mai.  the number of tours on offer just boggles the mind.  as usual, that leaves me somewhat paralyzed with indecision.  finally took a tour this morning, to the major temple that sits high on the mountain behind the city.  since the first day, i have looked up there and felt it was something i would really like to see.   first to a ‘tribal village’ – up and beyond the temple – in the forest.  

 tribal village - on mountain - chang mai

then back down aways to the temple, a massive complex of many smaller temples.  Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (‘the temple on the mountain, that holds the sacred scriptures, built by the hermit monk’)  is 600 years old.  great views through the clouds to Chang Mai far below.  definitely a worthwhile tour.  soon to leave Chang Mai – still so much i have not seen.  i hope to return.

ritual



Tags:

Leave a Reply