BootsnAll Travel Network



Chang Mai – Sunday Night Market

Sunday Night Market is a real highlight on a visit to Chang Mai.  streets are blocked off, and lined with vendors.  loved the crafts – very good, unique and inexpensive.  

just one craft item - of oh so many

there is great, live music – mostly by small groups of blind musicians – here and there as you walk along the very crowded streets.   infectious rhythms and lyrics – even though you can’t understand the words.  crowds around – listening and loving the beat – all with smiling faces.  the music – maybe the most delightful part of the scene.  but then there was the food too – busy cooks, and many tasty things to try, though much i could not identify.  

 street food - sunday market, chang mai

the many beautiful temples along the route are open, brilliantly lit, and often with worshippers inside.  during the day it is easy to miss the temples – lots are closed and don’t stand out as you walk around the old city. 

 a temple during sunday night market

found the atmosphere of this market amazing.  busy, crowded, entertaining, yet very relaxed.  best to go slow – and enjoy. i walked slowly for 4 hours and did not see it all.  runs every sunday – 6pm to midnight.  next time i will leave more room in my bags.  lots of goodies to buy here.

 



Tags:

Leave a Reply