BootsnAll Travel Network



Tickets booked!

For the last week or so I’ve been so down that I’ve contemplated starting with the St. John’s Wort early (15th August instead of end of October!)

It was either that or book my flight to Port of Spain.

My worries about the dollar exchange rate evaporated when I discovered that the Caribbean Airlines booking site did not include taxes (they do now, for some strange reason). For the money they wanted, I could probably book a flight to Australia. And when I saw that BA acted as carrier on the first leg, I decided to look elsewhere. I like to hang on to my luggage, thank you very much.

Imagine my delight at spotting a reasonable Virgin Atlantic/CA flight via Barbados on—of all places—Lastminute.com. I may be using that site again. In fact I may use it soon, since I hope to book my hubby’s flights in September, if he has managed to get his passport application out of the way by then.

But what pisses me off is the fact that it is quicker to book a ticket half-way around the world than to download one lousy chapter for £1.75 from the Lonely Planet shop as they want to know your name, address, phone number, email, credit card details and whatnot. Ever heard of Paypal?

Tags: , , , , ,



Comments are closed.