BootsnAll Travel Network



Party Preparations

I never got the stomach bug, but then John is stressed. Yesterday he had to put in an all-nighter, thanks to a power cut that took down the entire network. After one hour’s sleep he then had to go back to prepare for client meetings. However, if he hadn’t been there late in the evening to do just that, he’d never known about the power cut, so my philosophy is never to be the last one at work 🙂

(OK, so it would have been a disaster if he hadn’t been there to save the day, but you catch my drift.)

Because of work shenanigans, we are undecided about our planned break in the Caribbean. First John will have to get a new passport which takes around six weeks. But at least we’ll be in Wales next weekend for my sister’s long awaited post-wedding party!

And guess who’s doing the catering for the 100+ attendees?

I’m making inroads with long lists of dishes and canapés, recipes and equipment. It’s a good excuse to go up to London to buy some specialist ingredients. I may be getting carried away, but I don’t expect every dish to work and I need a few aces up my sleeve. One of the most delicious things I’ve ever eaten is sate lilit in Bali (made with ground pork rather than seafood), so if I can find cheap lemongrass skewers… nobody will mind if the rolls don’t work out, will they?

I’m going to blog about my progress and the event here. It’s not strictly about travel, but there will be plenty of world foods and people from a dozen nations 😀

PS. We still haven’t moved. A mere decade ago, nobody would have asked if we were smokers—it was nobody’s business. These days, we can’t rent a place because of it. Go figure.

Tags: ,



Comments are closed.