BootsnAll Travel Network



I’ve joined the critters!

You know how it goes…

I have been struggling with that blasted SF story for over 2 weeks now and I just can’t get to grips with it. Any excuse will do (this is referred to as ‘cat hoovering’ by spec fic writers).

But is it any wonder? Here I am working in complete isolation with only ‘Best of’ and Hugo Award-winning authors to compare myself to. It is not like travel writing where there are lots of web-zines (and of course BootsNall) for comparision. And even so, when it comes to travel writing we would benefit from a writer’s group.

It doesn’t help that, compared to travel, writing SF is a hundred times harder. And I suck even at the former.

So, to rectify the situation and give myself a kick in the ass, I’ve joined The Critters’ Workshop, an on-line writer’s group with over 5000 members in the Sci Fi, fantasy and horror field. Now I really have to get my finger out. Saying that, it’ll be a few months before I can submit a story of my own but I’ll have to write at least one critique per week. Fair dinkum.

Meanwhile, I’ll keep up with the travel stories. Even though my trip has been delayed (in fact, I may put it off till the autum and go on a few shorter trips/local travel instead—another story) it is important to keep on the ball.

Tags: ,



Comments are closed.