BootsnAll Travel Network



I’m fed up! (COR 10)

So, the Palm backup card didn’t work and it trashed what was once a beautiful system. The Wordsmith backup on my SD card comprises a trial version, which may be better than nothing. I paid for the whole hog, but I’m fully prepared to limp on with a trial version. At this rate, I’m almost prepared to chalk my novel onto slate, once I hit the road. Which begs the question: what is all that IT hoolabaloo for, exactly.

The Logitech keyboard drive on the card doesn’t work at all. Instead, whenever I press a key (any key) it tries to Hotsynch. Damn Hotsynch! Forget about Hotsynch! My hot desktop will be 7000 miles too far away to synch anything, once I step off that plane!

I’m reduced to picking away at the on-screen keyboard. All my investment in peripherals, backup cards (2) and software (Wordsmith) is lost. And I can only pick away until the memo size reaches 5k which is worse than trying to write letters home on the Comodore 64 Anno 1985. Why???

I’ve looked at more up-to-date Palm PDAs on Ebay. They give you twice as much RAM, full-colour screen and the option to play video games. But they don’t give you the option to simply write.

No wonder the AlphaSmart keyboards, which are just writing tools, are more popular than ever before. Shame they don’t come in pocket-sized. On the other hand—they may weigh as much (and take as much space) as a tent, but if they work I’ll buy one. I just want to write, damnit!

Tags: ,



Comments are closed.