BootsnAll Travel Network



Getting into the Travel Mood

you_won

Well, with that out of the way (or rather abandoned, for now) I’m free to focuss on my next trip, which VA assures me is ca. 3 days and 16 hours away.

I’ve finally relocated a (fleeting) reference to the place where I’ll most probably be staying, or close to it. Seems that even in PoS you can find somewhere under 20$. *Phew*

We got lucky with cheap accommodation near Gatwick too. Yes we—John will follow me that far 😉

I’m still watching the dollar rate, but for now it looks like I’m going with a wad of sterling and only enough dollars to pay for the first night. Risky strategy, I know. Riskier still if my debit card decides to disappear into the maw of a cashpoint. It has never happened yet, but my heart stops every time I’m withdrawing money abroad. The Dollar cashcard was meant to take care of such worries, but the ridiculous exchange rate means that I’m going with no backup except for a paltry $160-odd in traveller cheques which were kicking around in my money belt. I knew I should have taken up busking.

So, tomorrow when there is more light around here I’ll be checking my (overpacked) backpack. The jury is still out on the tent, but I’m inclined to bring it.

Meanwhile, The Rum Diary has been downloaded and printed (watch out for it: it’s going to be a major film with Johnny Depp in it!), my writing stuff has been backed up and transferred to the EeePC (note to self: delete all personal details and passwords!), I’ve started to use self-tanning lotion without visible success and I’ve had a root-around my summer wardrobe (most of which no longer fits).

I’m ready to go!

Tags: , , , , ,



Comments are closed.