BootsnAll Travel Network



Current State of Affairs

It’s gone quiet on this blog, I know. I simply don’t feel like writing up my Indonesia experiences at the moment.

There have been some developments on the insurance claim. At long last, the Internal Dispute Resolution Committee is looking at it. Coincidentally, at about the same time, the managing director of WN began posting on the Bootsnall thread. Thankfully, someone replied before I saw the message. There is no need to engage in a flame war, certainly not on the BNA members’ forum. Instead I’m slugging it out with the guy by email. And he doesn’t let go.

I’m not so much annoyed by this as (I’ve found to my considerable annoyance)…anxious. My heart starts beating wildly every time a new message from the guy pops up in my inbox. I hate palpitations, but apparently Insurance claims are another addition to my list of triggers. Unsurprisingly perhaps, seeing that the event has started off my current bout of panic disorder (the first attack happened right in that police station in Makassar, and it wasn’t pretty).

It’s time for another tobacco run. John will be away for a week from May 14th and I don’t think I should stay at home. I’m not getting any sort of writing done anyway. John says I can go where I want (within reason—not back to Thailand), even whalewatching in the Bay of Biscay if I wanted. But I don’t feel like going on my own on a ship, or spend my evenings in the company of drunken scousers. Besides, it is still a little early in the year. So thought about Prague. Not only is the beautiful city in the heart of Bohemia one of the coolest places on the planet, with some great hostels, but May is the perfect time to visit. Only problem: I can’t (yet) take the EU allowance of tobacco out of Czecheslovakia, just the duty free. That won’t pay for the flight. And do I really want to hang out in a foreign town on my own? It sounds like Xanax time again.

So for now, no new travel plans aside from a possible visit to Morocco for Eid which falls on New Year’s Eve. That would be cool! In the meantime, I’m trying to get John to renew his passport because, Brits take note, from October onwards first-time passport applicants will be interviewed for inclusion in the ID database and passport renewals will follow very soon after. Renewing your passport ASAP buys ten years of relative freedom.

Tags: ,



Comments are closed.