BootsnAll Travel Network



Call me crazy, but…

I have just signed up for the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo; I know, it’s a stupid name) even though I’m flying out on the 21st rather than the 29th as originally planned. But, hey, by then I figure I’m so into the flow that I’ll make the 50k wordcount while waiting for my interchange at Aman Airport.

I’m kidding, of course. However, as far as I can see, NaNoWriMo is the only way to break my current painful writer’s block. I’m literally paralysed. I’m flittering away the days reading and surfing the web and haven’t written a word in weeks and for the last week my mood has hit rock-bottom. Part of that is pre-trip nerves (travelling solo can be hard; after all ‘travel’ comes from ‘travail’), part of it is that I’m pissed-off with technology and the fact that I have been ripped off to the tune of £200 on Ebay for a broken laptop (which isn’t provable if we don’t find a way to recover the files without a working keyboard. There are ways, but John is too busy to help me out), part of it is that John is too busy to help me out. But who am I kidding: a large part of it is that I am not a writer. At least not yet. And this crazy scheme is one way to fix that.

NaNoWriMo isn’t a blogging site, which is great because I don’t want any more blogs for the time being. Some of the writing-related stuff finds its way to my LifeJournal, but as far as the upcoming trip and all things travel are concerned, this is my main blog.

Tags: ,



Comments are closed.