BootsnAll Travel Network



Blogger’s Block

I’ve got Blogger’s Block.

The stress of the imminent move is getting to me. We have not yet found a flat—or rather we have but the landlady is away so we don’t know if we’ll get it (and it is the only civilized place in the area, even though it is £ 100 above budget)—and my landlords have already announced they found someone to view the Stirling flat.

I got the message over the mobile phone while visiting John and our mates in London. You could only imagine my terror if you knew what our place looks like. The closest I can come to describe it is the flat shared by the cast of the cult comedy The Young Ones, back in the eighties, but people who have shared student flats will probably get the idea.

So, I’m taking a break from writing. Nothing is currently further from my mind than balmy days in Portugal or trying to compose stories for the Wilderness Women anthology (deadline 15th Dec.). In fact I can barely string a sentence together at the moment.

I know. There are bloggers out here who fill their every day with the excitement and exhaustion of the road and still sit down and deliver literary entries so good that they should go straight into print. I hang my head in shame—but I am not one of them. So you’ll hear from me again, hopefully, once things have settled down a little.

Tags: ,



Comments are closed.