BootsnAll Travel Network



Around the World in 1024 Characters

I have recently (re-)discovered Ficly and it has given me an idea for some non-fiction writing.

Over the years, I have amassed a plethora of travel-related scribblings—as you know—and I want to explore ways in which to strip down moods and experiences to their bare essence, perhaps weave them together and spin them out into adventure fantasies which can be picked up by other people as they add possible sequels and prequels.

I’ve been looking for a way to get back into writing and this project provides a series of manageable bits which may evolve into something chaotic but coherent. Ficlets has the advantage of being enticingly modular.

Why not have a look and join in with the fun? Ficly supports the usual openID sign-ins.

Caveat: my ‘1024 Character Travelogue’ stories are as near as damn exactly 1024 characters long as my word processor can determine.

Tags: ,



2 Responses to “Around the World in 1024 Characters”

  1. Laura Says:

    Hi! I would like to swap links with your site. My blog is http://www.travelocafe.com. I’ve already added you in Travel Directory. Please send me the description you favor for your site. Thank you!
    I’m also looking for guest bloggers. Please let me know if you’d be interested in being featured on Travelocafe.
    As for the articles, the guest posts can be send by email and should be original, travel related, previously unpublished and a minimum of 250 words would be appreciated. The articles should not be a self promotion. At the end of the article you can write an “About the Author” section, linking back to your site.
    You are also invited to participate in the Travelocafe contest to win free ad space.
    http://www.travelocafe.com/2010/08/1-travelocafe-competition-free-ad-space.html
    Regards, Laura

  2. Posted from Spain Spain
  3. Denni Says:

    Thanks. Link is added.