BootsnAll Travel Network



Someone call for a Toilet Duck?

I got people very excited over the last while. I got my UNICEF mission – I’m working in their Water and Sanitation department. That to me meant toilets. And in India; extremely hot toilets. I spent some time last year teaching Home Economics in India so I learned a bit about their toilets, or latrines. By the end of my time there I could even draw diagrams of the pit latrine and and the snazzy ‘ventilated latrine’.

But it was not to be. Shortly afterwards I was given more information; seems I working with a project that educates school children on all things sanitation so that they can keep their houses in operating room condition. I’ll be stationed in New Delhi, current temperature 41 degrees, and doing my field work in Karnataka state. So I have a 35 hour commute to work. Unless I forget my briefcase or something, I should be only going there once so it shouldn’t be too bad.

I fly out Sunday – since writing the last post I’ve written the 5,000, 6,000 and 1,000 word papers, gotten my shots, visa and luggage. Final two hurdles are Spanish exam and thesis and I am out of here!

Now, to find a place to live….



Tags:

Comments are closed.