BootsnAll Travel Network



Finally Here!

The greatest thing that can happen to a person in the world (or above the world, anyway) is to get the whole row by yourself on a flight. Thats exactly what happened during our “short” six and a half hour flight from DFW to Lima. I got to stretch out, open the window and feel the sun on my neck. It finally hit me whats been wrong with me. I havent been to the beach since July. And that was just a weekend. So this will be make-up time. I love looking out the window at the clouds shadows and the tiny ships and wondering exactly what kind of crops they were growing down below in those fields in Central America :). And I think I saw heaven from the air at one point. I cant post for a few days. Im headed to the Reserva Amazonica in the Madre de Dios region of the rainforest and we have no electricity there. If you have time, check out their website: http://www.inkaterra.com. The place looks phenomenal!! Last thing, I got a comment with no name. Im SUPER happy to have comments, but Id love to know who they are from! Happy Thanksgiving and Ill catch up when I get to Cuzco.

BORING HOSTEL STUFF YOU MAY WANT TO SKIP: I promised I would review all of my hostels when I got back, but as I have no paper or pen I have to do it here. I reserved the Residencial Hostal Victor through Bootsnall. I was picked up at the airport by the hostels driver who brought me here. He had me sit in the front seat and lock the door, which was scary but probably prevented me from looking like a tourist. The hostel doesnt seem to be in a great area, but when we pulled up he had to honk his horn to be admitted in to the gate. The people here have been incredibly nice and the room is clean but simple. I would recommend it to anyone who is staying for the night. Its near the airport, but probably not most of the tourist stuff.



Tags:

2 responses to “Finally Here!”

  1. admin says:

    HAPPY THANSKGIVING FROM THE FAMILY!!!!
    BY THE WAY, THE COMMENT WITH NO NAME WAS FROM MOM.
    AFTER MOM DROPPED YOU OFF AT THE AIRPORT SHE CAME BACK HOME AND HER AND CHASE WERE OUTSIDE PLAYING. A JET FLEW OVER AND SHE TOLD CHASE YOU WERE ON IT. HE GOT VERY EXCITED AND WAS WAVING TO YOU “SAYING THERE’S AUNT PRETTY!!!”

    TALK TO YA LATER:
    HOLLY
    BE SAFE & HAVE FUN!

  2. Aunt Deb says:

    My God, you are fearless! I have a hard time going to New Orleans by myself…haha. Please be careful and come back to us with lots of pictures. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *