BootsnAll Travel Network



WOW

Well my luck is still holding had a super time on the weekend but need a couple days to digest the experience before writing it up but can tell some thing about the tour guide & the people on it.

This wasn´t one of the generic tours by one of the major operators here but was organised by a former Peace Corp worker, from Texas, who finished his 2 yr stint near here a couple months ago & while trying to decide what to do with the rest of his life is running tours of the area he worked in & is arranging over night home stays with the indigenous Maya he worked with.

There were 7 travelers in the group all taking Spanish courses in Antigua, a young couple from Sweden, 3 50 something people one man from Germany, a lady from Switzerland, a guy from Vancouver, a girl originally from Oregon who just finished university in Phoenix. With one exception every one was great to get along with, the exception wasn´t too bad but was a know it all who didn´t know enough to take his hat off in the cathedral we visited while they were having mass.

Now you who follow the TA Cuba forum may have seen a post by Mardi where he said the nicest Canadians were from the Maritimes, the Prairies & some parts of BC. He was right & you can also add the west, mid-west & southern states to that list. That´s right the know it all was the Canadian.

Actually have only met 2 people like that here & the other was a Brit,(nothing against the majority of nice Brits I have met just telling it like I observe it) might explain a bit about why Belize is the way it is, after all it used to be British Honduras.



Tags:

3 responses to “WOW”

  1. bellagio says:

    Hi Dave. Glad you had a good weekend. Hope you get around to posting the write up before Friday or else I’ll have a long wait until I read it. It was ‘cold’ and raining in Banes Sunday afternoon so hope it’s sunny and warm with you.

  2. Dave says:

    Hi Ken have lucked out NADA rain during the day since I left Canada. Will post on my weekend this aft or la manana. (not on a Spanish key board)

  3. Pinamimi says:

    lol…im really enjoying your blog Dave….love the waiter walk competition! lol..so cool….iguess it was meant for your eyes only…lol
    well im thrilled your weather is A+ could have snow…like us tonight!!YUK