BootsnAll Travel Network



Why??

“I wake up but can’t seem to move in the bed, strange wonder what’s wrong? On further inspection it appears that I’m tied to the bed. How can this be & where am I?

Last thing I remember is being arrested in my school classroom & taken to the hospital by the police. Guess I must still be in the hospital but why am I tied to the bed?”

The reason this person is tied to the bed is because after waiting, what seemed like an eternity for a nurse to come & help them out of bed, into a chair they decided to do it on their own but unfortunately the aging body doesn’t work so well anymore & they ended up on the floor. When an overworked nurse discovered the situation, the person was promptly returned to the bed & tied in “for their safety”!

Now why was this person in a hospital anyway? Well it happened this way; their “dementia” had progressed to a point where they were becoming violent, at times, so the retirement home sent them to the local quackville hospital, never bothered to do any tests so the proper medication could be administered, thus when a relative demanded they be released back to the home it was inevitable the problem would reoccur.

Now having been in quackcity hospital, for a mere 10 days, the test results are still unavailable & the person is still tied to the bed, more often than not, give the powers that be an inch where necessary & they will take a mile out of convience.

OMG!! You exclaim, what terrible third world, communist country is this occurring in?  Myanmar, Vietnam, Laos?

NO, in those countries or anywhere else in Asia where Buddhism, Islam or other Eastern religions are prevalent such inhumane treatment of the elderly would never be tolerated!

The place is in the supposedly civilized, Christian, western “democracy” called Canada, in the province of Ontario, where if you treated your cat or dog this way you would face major fines & they would be taken away from you. Should you restrain your child in this way, you would be facing major prison time!

However in this throwaway society, whenever something has outlived it’s usefulness, it’s simply thrown out. However with people, the old, who have the nerve to be an   inconvience  to society are merely instutionalised  & treated with contempt!

So tomorrow a meeting with this weeks government appointed doctor to see if she is medicated enough to return to the retirement/nursing home. You see the holier than though administrators of the home, who only charge $85/day, dislike it when faced with any inconvience at all.

First they call a relative to come in to do the job, they are supposedly trained & paid to do, then then get really upset when you refuse & point this out to them. The next step is to send the client to the hospital where they know that restraint will be used, while claiming sanctimoniously that they never use restraints. I really have a hard time with hypocrisy!

With any luck at all the El Salvador option will still be viable & it’s Hasta la vista Canada!!



Tags:

Comments are closed.