BootsnAll Travel Network



Week 5 – The happy ending

tefl-006.jpgMade an “A” on Friday’s exam, weekend & Monday evenings TP’s all went well with better grades, still waiting for the results of Mondays final exam but we have been told everyone made it through, although won’t be given final grade until we receive our TEFL Certificates at Thursday’s graduation.

Has it all been worth it? HELL YES!

Of the 5 of us that started the course, 1 each from Ireland, England, Germany, US & myself from Canada, one guy dropped out as he found the 4 week course to be too intense but started the 6 week one on Monday, 4 made it through & are the better for the experience. That being said & as there are many TEFL courses (that I haven’t checked out) to choose from, I can not in good conscience recommend this course over the others, as everyone’s needs are different.

Tues & Wed are being used to prepare CV’s/Resume’s & preparation hints for the job interviews the others will be having, after the week long Songkran, Thai New Years celebrations. When schools will hiring English teachers for the next semester starting in May. Personally I will be planning the next stage of my RTW through Brunei, Malaysian & Indonesian Borneo, Java, Bali, Singapore & on to OZ. Hanging around Bangkok until the 23rd when my visa runs out then returning mid Oct for my own job search, preferably in the Golden Triangle area of north eastern Thailand, for the term starting in November. Hopefully my classmates will have some helpful hints for me then.

So it’s Thursday afternoon, I have my certificate & the TEFL course is history!



Tags:

4 responses to “Week 5 – The happy ending”

  1. Brian says:

    Congrats and enjoy the next leg of your well deserved RTW. I look forward to following your adventures!

  2. Dave says:

    Thanks just putting the final touches on the plan now, have to put my departure from Singapore to Perth back once again.

  3. Rocket J Dawg says:

    Congratulations Dave. The hard part is done and on to bigger and better things. Just goes to show you that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks…LOL

  4. Dave says:

    Gracias RJD it was a rough month but made it with some very good comments about about my teaching style, now it’s just a matter of finding a school to give me some experience. That’s one reason for concentrating my search in the sticks where I feel more at home anyway, just can’t picture teaching at some inner-city school in Bangkok, besides I hear they have buffalo races in the boonies. LOL